Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recently I responded to a post about publing nursing, replying that I personally don't have a problem with it, but I know that my hubs is uncomfortable with it so I respect his feelings. Someone responded to that asking me if I was aware that slavery was abolished years ago, can someone please tell me when respecting the feelings of the man you love and choose to spend your life with became slavery?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Replies (11-15):
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:26 AM

My husband was a little weird about me breastfeeding in public, and I was covered. I'd go and do it in the car, and it reassured the both of us, since I felt uncomfortable about it too. I'm a very private person. It doesn't make me his slave.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:44 AM

and I have seen a lot of it lately! Do we all have to be the same? Is there just black and white or can we have all the colors of a rainbow too??

Quoting Anonymous:

I cant stand extremists.. especially extreme feminists who seem to think loving actions must equal submissivness or abuse. ugh.
Some people take things way too far

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Its called respect OP. You are respecting your husbands feelings. I didn't respond to your post but my dh was pretty uncomfortable with me nursing in public with our first until he had to hear the baby scream a few times then he changed his mind, lol. By the third child he could care less. I admire you for respecting his feelings and taking them into consideration. 

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:52 AM
With our first he was overseas, so he didn't get to expeeence anything, he wasn't here but I still respected him, I hope that with him being here with this one that he will see there is nothing to be uncomfortable about, but if hot I've done it once I can do it again lol

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Its called respect OP. You are respecting your husbands feelings. I didn't respond to your post but my dh was pretty uncomfortable with me nursing in public with our first until he had to hear the baby scream a few times then he changed his mind, lol. By the third child he could care less. I admire you for respecting his feelings and taking them into consideration. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Good luck. Get lots of really nice nursing shirts! I got very creative at being discrete. I nursed #3 on the beach in my bikini and nobody knew, lol!

Quoting kmorales7690:

With our first he was overseas, so he didn't get to expeeence anything, he wasn't here but I still respected him, I hope that with him being here with this one that he will see there is nothing to be uncomfortable about, but if hot I've done it once I can do it again lol

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured