Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!!! Help!!!! Help!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Bible Thumpers are killing me tonight and I'm a Christian, help, help, help. Some just cannot accept someone else point of view or belief OMG! (I did not use God's name in vain)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Bump!

LynnGrey
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Are you ok?

4boysYikes
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Christians have flaws too. But as christians we have to love each other and forgive each other. Be a light in this world!  and if that isn't working for you (as it so often doesn't for me) just tell yourself it will make you stronger! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:12 AM

yes, I just got really frustrated trying to explain to someone how there are many different variations of Christianity and that Christians are not the only ones that believe in God, that many other religions do as well and that God and Jesus did not literally write the bible and that cannot see any other way to be acceptable, so yeah just was frustrated when initially writing the post

Quoting LynnGrey:

Are you ok?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:13 AM

yes, you are right and like dh just told me I have to try to see their point as well, thanks

Quoting 4boysYikes:

Christians have flaws too. But as christians we have to love each other and forgive each other. Be a light in this world!  and if that isn't working for you (as it so often doesn't for me) just tell yourself it will make you stronger! :)

4boysYikes
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

yes, I just got really frustrated trying to explain to someone how there are many different variations of Christianity and that Christians are not the only ones that believe in God, that many other religions do as well and that God and Jesus did not literally write the bible and that cannot see any other way to be acceptable, so yeah just was frustrated when initially writing the post

Quoting LynnGrey:

Are you ok?

I totally get it! Some people are too literal. "God breathed" doesn't mean it was written by God himself.  Each chapter says the author and its quite a few different people.  Just like Jesus wasn't really a door. lol stupid I know I always say that though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate to even use the words bible thumpers but when someone starts throwing scriptures and stating it only means one thing and cannot have another message or that Christianity as they see it is the only "correct" religion in the world,  I just to facepalm. Thanks for letting me vent, lol!

Quoting 4boysYikes:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LynnGrey:

Are you ok?

I totally get it! Some people are too literal. "God breathed" doesn't mean it was written by God himself.  Each chapter says the author and its quite a few different people.  Just like Jesus wasn't really a door. lol stupid I know I always say that though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured