Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help! Please!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I'm in a relationship and in love, but I'm such a flirt! I can't stop flirting... I crave the attention. My SO gives me some attention, but it's just not enough. I wish he would give me more. I've even told him I need more attention, but he just never really gives me enough. I think it's also because my self esteem is low so I love being complimented. I dont want this to ruin my relationship.. Please any serious advice would be much appreciated. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:08 AM

You are not going to probably like what I have to say. I would try to focus more on yourself and reaching your own personal goals. Give yourself the attention you seek from others. It will improve your self-esteem and your relationship. I understand that your flirting is probably harmless but it is going to harm your relationship if you don't find alternative ways to meet your needs. Kwim?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:11 AM

No I acutally appreciate ehat your saying. I definitely understand what your saying. 

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

You are not going to probably like what I have to say. I would try to focus more on yourself and reaching your own personal goals. Give yourself the attention you seek from others. It will improve your self-esteem and your relationship. I understand that your flirting is probably harmless but it is going to harm your relationship if you don't find alternative ways to meet your needs. Kwim?

colbys_mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:11 AM
I was like that at one period of my life. I stopped going out for a while and focused on me and my bf. I didn't do anything that would put in that position until I could walk away from it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I don't even go out. It's like with my old friends I used to hangout with. I'll talk to them on facebook and then they will start flirting and I notice that I will start doing it back. I mean they know I'm in a relationship and I don't say anything super bad, but it's still not good..

Quoting colbys_mom:

I was like that at one period of my life. I stopped going out for a while and focused on me and my bf. I didn't do anything that would put in that position until I could walk away from it.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I think as women we so often equate our self-esteem by how others see us on the outside. When your flirting your getting attention mostly from what is seen on the outside. If you focus on your goals and having good friends and relationships with people, your self-esteem will come from within and you won't need the attention from flirting as much, its just how women are often socialized and brought up to believe by so many outside influences such as media etc. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

No I acutally appreciate ehat your saying. I definitely understand what your saying. 

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Just know your not alone:/
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:19 AM

In that situation, maybe you can tell your old friends, "hey I met this really nice guy, I think I really like him, I'd like you to meet him sometime" or something to let them know you still want to be friends but your kind of  in a relationshiop that you want to see where it goes. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't even go out. It's like with my old friends I used to hangout with. I'll talk to them on facebook and then they will start flirting and I notice that I will start doing it back. I mean they know I'm in a relationship and I don't say anything super bad, but it's still not good..

Quoting colbys_mom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:22 AM

They have met my SO. It actually bothers me when they do hit on me because it's like they don't respect my relationship. But for some reason I go along with it and flirt.. I feel so bad after I realize what I'm doing.

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

In that situation, maybe you can tell your old friends, "hey I met this really nice guy, I think I really like him, I'd like you to meet him sometime" or something to let them know you still want to be friends but your kind of  in a relationshiop that you want to see where it goes. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting colbys_mom:

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Don't feel bad. Realize that it is part of your personality and work on being the best you, you can be.As women we always want to feel like men are interested in us. My dh is soooooooooooooo nice to women in general because he respects them, sometimes they think he is flirting with them. It is kinda funny because I know he is like that to almost all women and he is a very friendly person. Its just his personality and I understand it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

They have met my SO. It actually bothers me when they do hit on me because it's like they don't respect my relationship. But for some reason I go along with it and flirt.. I feel so bad after I realize what I'm doing.

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting colbys_mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)