Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mothers with past sexual abuse.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was raped and molested as a child. I find it very hard to trust men and some women. I am now married with an almost two year old. I still have problems trusting even my husband. Although I know he would never harm my daughter in anyway its always in the back of my mind, and with his younger brother being a convicted pedophile it makes me worry even worse. I criticize and overthink every little thing. I don't want to be this way. I know its wrong of me not to trust. Even with my step-dad I didn't trust him until I was 15 and he has been mad Dad since I was 4. 

Is this normal for any other moms or am I completley nuts? I did recieve counseling when I was much younger but if I were to get a job with health insurance I would definately consider it again. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Replies (11-14):
doodasmomma
by Anita on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I don't trust very many men, even now. It takes me a long time to trust them. I do wholly trust dh but I've known him since childhood. It took me about 10 years to fully trust my step dad, even with him being the only dad I've ever had. I more so though worry about myself. I know the cycle of abuse stuff and don't ever want to hurt my son like that. I'm always vigilant with myself. But, there is not so much a normal because it depends too much on the person. Sorry I kind of rambled there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:27 AM

I live in a fairly small town. How would I find resources, like free counsleing?

singlemama0905
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:28 AM
I was raped twice when I was 14 then my son's dad sexually, physically, and emotionally abused me. While it doesn't typicallu affect me anymore, I have talked to my SO about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I have trust issues. I was only physically and emotionally abused. I imagine it would be worse had you been sexually abused. I was hit on by my brother in law when I was in 6th grade and that could have led to abuse but thankfully it didn't. It doesn't help with the trust issues though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)