Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Homeschooling makes your child a social outcast

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Why put your child through that? Any homeschooled children I know are socially awkward

Your children will grow up to be freaks

To all you bitching about anon you wouldn't have any idea who Iam even if I wasn't anon its the internet!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2012 at 6:02 AM
Replies (311-320):
Numom61507
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO! At least I can admit I had a problem in HS. You're the one hiding behind the 'Anon' screen name. Kinda makes YOU a freak. I ain't mad at ya. You're entitled to your opinion.

Quoting Anonymous:

Youre a freak.

Quoting Numom61507:

I admit I had a problem in social situations after 3 years of home-schooling. But I was going back to a school with all the kids I had just disappeared on 3 years prior. I dealt with it. I've always been somewhat shy, but I am by no means a freak thank you very much.

ladybg32
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 3:24 PM
I understand both sides but maybe the socially awkward kids are products of awkward parents and not necessarily from the homeschooling so maybe if you have normal smart outgoing parents the kids will turn out to be same!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Mar. 30, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Why would that suck? Why don't you educate yourself? You're making yourself more of an idiot.

Do you even know what an SAT is? Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sucks for your child.

Quoting Mom2theboy1994:

I'm reading responses while waiting for my socially awkward, freak-child to finish up his SATs. Some people have a very narrow view of the world, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 40 on Mar. 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Quoting Anonymous:
they already know. I cut off all contact with them.
yksurepa_570
by Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM
I am homeschooling my one son. He has medical issues and he has friends that he will go outside andhave fun. He has moe friends then my oldest who is in public school. So OP your initional post is you trying to be somebody you never could be before. Also this is not high school, so grow the fuck up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 44 on Mar. 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

she didn't type that msg I did by phone while waiting in line to pick up my loving polite respectful and outgoing Public SCHOOL educated child. Btw he's far from socially awkward! When u finish dissecting that runnnn on sentence remember I give a F#ck! LOL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Mar. 30, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Sure, lol.

We all think our kids are perfect.

Can you please type in the English language?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

she didn't type that msg I did by phone while waiting in line to pick up my loving polite respectful and outgoing Public SCHOOL educated child. Btw he's far from socially awkward! When u finish dissecting that runnnn on sentence remember I give a F#ck! LOL

MamaLub
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 4:05 PM
My husband was homeschooled. He is not social. He is funny and charming when he needs to be. All his siblings were and are being taught by their mom. They graduated early and became productive members of society. I think that is better than just having gone through the awkward experience that was public high school. I agree they miss out But they aren't freaks. There's plenty more ways to socialize.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why put your child through that? Any homeschooled children I know are socially awkward

Your children will grow up to be freaks

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 44 on Mar. 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

MY bad Haha i was trying to quote the chick that was talking crap to you and I purposely typed that msg that way! LOL
lovemybabies32
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Well I would look at the atmosphere within the home in order to judge why the kids are socially awkward I dont think being homeschooled has anything to do with why kids are like this. My kids are homeschooled and are very social as are most homeschooled kids i know.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN