Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Homeschooling makes your child a social outcast

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Why put your child through that? Any homeschooled children I know are socially awkward

Your children will grow up to be freaks

To all you bitching about anon you wouldn't have any idea who Iam even if I wasn't anon its the internet!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2012 at 6:02 AM
Replies (351-358):
Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 12:36 AM

there are so many homeschool groups out there to ensure their kids have socialization, however unless homeschoolers plan to do high school, your kids are skrewed!

ReidsNana
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I have known many different types of children through my 30 years of being a nanny. Some went to public school, some were homeschooled and some have gone to Montessori schools.

I have had only ONE child in all of those years (not including the special needs children), that was "Socially awkward". He attended public school.

Tell me, OP, what basis do you have for making your comments? I am truly curious what your reasoning is for thinking home schooled children are "Socially awkward" and "Will grow up to be freaks".

Please, enlighten me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arianna
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Having a proud mama moment, and wanted to share our homeschool yearbooks, thus far.  (I am currently working on our fifth grade yearbook and figured I would post these...just in case anyone wondered what homeschoolers do.  

First Grade (Homeschool)
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8Aas2jRw5ZOWIB

Second Grade (Homeschool)
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8Aas2jRw5ZOWIQ

Third Grade (Homeschool)
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8Aas2jRw5ZOWIj

Fourth Grade (Homeschool)
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8Aas2jRw5ZOWIy

Mama, Wife, Homeschooler, Director of Religious Education, and Pagan UU Panentheist.

anniyahs_mom
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Hey anon, you sound kinda socially awkward

anniyahs_mom
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Really....are your kids so limited they can't adjust to a new situation, because my homeschooler can.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM

And how many homeschool kids do you actually know?

I think kids who homeschool have the potential to be socially awkward but I think most kids who are homeschooled also have play dates and play sports which counteracts the fact they are likely getting a much better education.

black.eyeliner
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM
My daughter is 17 and works in a local restaurant on weekends. If I walk in people talk behind my back frequently. They know I have nine kids and homeschool all of them. They don't realize their waitress is one. Sometimes they find out. Usually they ask her opinion and she says "Oh I'm homeschooled. I think I am ok." They always look shocked. They say how good they are with other people. She gets a lot of socialization apprenticing in a nursing home, girl scouts, co-ops, and soccer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arnptee
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:17 PM

All my children were homeschooled and not one is socially awkward or a freak.  You are entitled to your own opinion.  Have a nice day!

1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. 2 Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. 3 They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard.  4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world. -Psalm 19:1-4

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN