Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Back in the old days a lot of kids wasn't a problem.....

Posted by   + Show Post

So, why is it now? My grandma had twenty two kids (four set of twins). Why is it so crazy if a couple wants to have a lot of children?

by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Replies (61-70):
TrouserMouse
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:26 AM
My big family will never look like the Duggars, thank goodness...lol.

Quoting ramonafrog:

The only problem I have with big families is that it seems like the biggest families are the ones who are on every form of PA. If you can't afford YOUR big family don't make it the rest of america's responsibility to foot the bill.

I love the duggars... They're the perfect example of what a big family should look like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyluke2007
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Your welcome!  :)

Quoting Miss-B:

Thank you! :)

Quoting ladyluke2007:

O WOW, what a cute bunch of kids.  Lookin' good there moma!

Quoting Miss-B:

Lol, if that's how you feel. Here are my crumb snatchers!

Quoting Anonymous:

You must have a house full of crumb snatchers

ha.skrllx
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:27 AM
At 25?

Quoting JadedFaerie:

I want 8, but I will be menopausal by 25 so I probably won't get that unless I get one a year + twins.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink_Sunshine
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea. They make me feel wrong for wanting 4. I didn't know 4 was considered a lot. Grandma had 6.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:29 AM
And u think that's something to brag about? Report back to Cafemom when he start always talking about school and sports. The things kids his age should be talking about

Quoting Miss-B:

Thank you :) He's always talking about girls.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Oh my, your kids are super cute...lol.  That boy on the right, he looks like he is going to be a handful when it comes to the girls.

Quoting Miss-B:

Quoting Anonymous:

Char07
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Miss-B:

Darn it won't show the pic but your kids are beautiful, I love their smiles :)

I want at least 6 and 6 may be dh's cutoff, I'm the oldest of 7 :)
Shlamoof
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome for her!  My great great (great..?) grandmother had 22 kids too.  She didn't have any twins though.  Can you imagine the after pains for those women?  I was told to "close my legs" for having a 4th :(  I was flabbergasted.  I say as long as they are being taken care of and as long as you are raising them to be decent and respectable people, then more power to you!

I think a lot of it has to do with lack of patience.  Everything is immediate nowadays, so no patience is ever needed for practically anything.  It's why people get pissy when they have to wait an extra minute in the grocery line behind someone using coupons.  People just can't have a lot of kids nowadays because no one has the patience to deal with them *shrug*

jonnlilithsmom
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:31 AM

world over-population for one thing...

then comes the fact that most women would die if they tried to have so many kids...

money... it takes a lot to house, clothe, and feed that many kids, not to mention medical bills, school fees and the like... Child Welfare doesn't like to see 10 kids jammed into a single bed anymore, like was common practice in our grandmother's days... with utmost respect to her, I highly doubt that your grandmother could afford to raise 22 kids in today's economy, never mind people today who have no idea what it means to save for anything

I could go on, but I won't... 

Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:32 AM

No, I wasn't bragging, dear. Just because I didn't mention all he talks about to you, you're assuming things. Too funny!

Quoting Anonymous:

And u think that's something to brag about? Report back to Cafemom when he start always talking about school and sports. The things kids his age should be talking about

Quoting Miss-B:

Thank you :) He's always talking about girls.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Oh my, your kids are super cute...lol.  That boy on the right, he looks like he is going to be a handful when it comes to the girls.

Quoting Miss-B:

Quoting Anonymous:

writethisdown
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:32 AM
I would love a big family but its not in the cards for me.

I think people now are just not able to handle being satisfied with having what they need. The consumerism in our country is sick and people are no longer able to just be happy. So many people are miserable because theyre 'poor'. I think previous generations based their happiness on a hard days work and providing the *needs* of their family and their 'fun times' were time spent with their family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)