Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back in the old days a lot of kids wasn't a problem.....

Posted by   + Show Post

So, why is it now? My grandma had twenty two kids (four set of twins). Why is it so crazy if a couple wants to have a lot of children?

by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Replies (71-80):
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
It's not a problem as long as you (general you) can afford them without pa. I have 2 and I don't want anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ramonafrog
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Please dont put words in my mouth. I didn't say all families. I have no problem with people having as many kids as they want. For that matter I don't even have a problem with PA. My problem is that there are a large amount of people who abuse PA and use it as a career path rather than TEMPORARY ASSISTANCE and continue to have kids knowing they can't afford more...and aren't supporting the ones they already have. Kudos to your sister... Seriously.

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Uh my sister has five kids and her and her husband are not on any PA so that is not always true. I know more moms/dads with one or two kids on PA then the bigger families.

Quoting ramonafrog:

The only problem I have with big families is that it seems like the biggest families are the ones who are on every form of PA. If you can't afford YOUR big family don't make it the rest of america's responsibility to foot the bill.

I love the duggars... They're the perfect example of what a big family should look like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

ok my first hought was how did she pick that many names....and did she ever choose a name and go oh no I already used that. 

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:34 AM
2 moms liked this
Miss-B, she is trying to start trouble. Don't let her turn your post into something ugly.

Quoting Miss-B:

No, I wasn't bragging, dear. Just because I didn't mention all he talks about to you, you're assuming things. Too funny!

Quoting Anonymous:

And u think that's something to brag about? Report back to Cafemom when he start always talking about school and sports. The things kids his age should be talking about

Quoting Miss-B:

Thank you :) He's always talking about girls.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Oh my, your kids are super cute...lol.  That boy on the right, he looks like he is going to be a handful when it comes to the girls.

Quoting Miss-B:

Lol, if that's how you feel. Here are my crumb snatchers!

Quoting Anonymous:

You must have a house full of crumb snatchers

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not. Thanks :)

Quoting 3xangel:

Miss-B, she is trying to start trouble. Don't let her turn your post into something ugly.

Quoting Miss-B:

No, I wasn't bragging, dear. Just because I didn't mention all he talks about to you, you're assuming things. Too funny!

Quoting Anonymous:

And u think that's something to brag about? Report back to Cafemom when he start always talking about school and sports. The things kids his age should be talking about

Quoting Miss-B:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Oh my, your kids are super cute...lol.  That boy on the right, he looks like he is going to be a handful when it comes to the girls.

Quoting Miss-B:

Quoting Anonymous:

MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Well said!

Quoting writethisdown:

I would love a big family but its not in the cards for me.

I think people now are just not able to handle being satisfied with having what they need. The consumerism in our country is sick and people are no longer able to just be happy. So many people are miserable because theyre 'poor'. I think previous generations based their happiness on a hard days work and providing the *needs* of their family and their 'fun times' were time spent with their family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busy.mamax3
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

You think boys his age always talk about school and sports? lmao think again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Miss-B:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Quoting Miss-B:

Quoting Anonymous:

ramonafrog
Lol. I'm just saying they set an awesome example for financial independence and family togetherness. Something a lot of big and small families have forgotten about

Quoting TrouserMouse:

My big family will never look like the Duggars, thank goodness...lol.

Quoting ramonafrog:

The only problem I have with big families is that it seems like the biggest families are the ones who are on every form of PA. If you can't afford YOUR big family don't make it the rest of america's responsibility to foot the bill.

I love the duggars... They're the perfect example of what a big family should look like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
1 mom liked this
People had more farms and things like that. Times have just changed. But if someone wants that many kids, who cares?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM
I know what you meant, but I was picturing me with the big 80's bangs...and then the clothes. No, no, no.

Quoting ramonafrog:

Lol. I'm just saying they set an awesome example for financial independence and family togetherness. Something a lot of big and small families have forgotten about

Quoting TrouserMouse:

My big family will never look like the Duggars, thank goodness...lol.

Quoting ramonafrog:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured