Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

diets and exercise or portion control and exersice?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:05 PM
  • 24 Replies

i personally dont diet... i LOVE to eat, and eat everything that i want! ugh i feel guilty sometimes but i would rather  eat everything than limit some foods... I do eat what i want IN MODERATION though, i dont belive in diets i belive in exercise and portion control. I exercise 3x a week for one hour.

What do you Gals do?

by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsm3
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:25 PM

i don't eat what i want because i believe that exercising while eating bad food does nothing for you.  instead, i focus on healthy eating and try to avoid bad food.  i haven't had dessert/soda/sweets/sugar/bad food since early january and with the exercise i'm doing now, i'm definintely seeing results.

if you can see results with your program, good for you (i genuinely mean that).  i guess my body type is different.

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

ReadWriteLuv
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:28 PM
You have to cut calories to lose weight. I think portion control is the better option.

If you still eat 2-3000 calorie per day and work out consistently, especially with weight training you won't get smaller, you'll just get bulky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Portion control and regular exercise
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RiotousDigits
by Emerald Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

portion control and healthy choices + excercise.

AHmom103
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:33 PM

For me, portion control is key. I normally don't even have to exercise, as long as I eat the right amount for my body. Of course, chasing after my 2 kids and the 2 I babysit (their ages are 11 1/2 months, 2, 3, and 4) on an almost daily basis is plenty of exercise.

lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Portion control and exercise
EBee12
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never dieted a day in my life and I lost (and kept off) 55lbs with excersize and eating healthy (size and healthy choices) I eat ice cream when I want it (and any other snack I'm craving) I also lost all my baby weight (60+lbs!) in a year with no additional changes to my lifestyle.

ArmyGal
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Try eating smaller meals like 4-6 and exercising.

aprilsalcro
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Diet and exercise
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busy.mamax3
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I eat everything but in moderation that is the only way I've been able to stay the same weight for the past 9 years. I don't go to the gym but I do alot of swimming, skiing and running with my boys.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)