Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Don't Like Military Wives... ****EDIT :)****

Posted by   + Show Post

Before you bite my head off, let me explain.

Explanation 1.) I'm jealous. I actually serve in the military, I'm active duty. I'm also a single mom. I stare at them in envy as I

a.) wake up a 3:45 in the morning to get up in time enough to breastfeed my son, pump milk for him to have for the day, get him and myself dressed, and out the door on time enough to get him to daycare and me to PT.  I just wanna keep my baby at home and snuggle with him. :(

b.) come home during the day to get something that I forgot and I hear them in their apartment laughing and joking and having a good time with other military wives. I'm tired from working all day, I just really want a long nap :(

c.) watch them take their small children around to museums and stores during the work day. I wanna spend time like that with my baby. :(

d.) happen to see their spotless homes... Can you come clean mine while I'm at work, it looks like a tornado just been through mine. :(

Explanation 2.) Some of them take advantage of the younger men.

a.) my brother happens to fall in this category. I don't like it, and it's wrong.

b.) I'm sorry but, no man should have to take care of a woman (esp a woman who refuses to work to help pay the bills) plus her 3 kids by 3 different men who happen to be in the military as well (some of these women hop from one soldier to another). If this is you, stop it! Make a life for yourself, you put yourself into this mess, get yourself out. And not at the expense of others.

Explanation 3.) Some try to "wear" their husbands' rank.

a.) No! I don't HAVE to call you ma'am, I do that out of the respect that my MOM taught me.

b.) The military doesn't define you, it's not who you are, it's something that your husband does.

Ok, that is all. I know that some of you are going to hate me or say mean things, but wives, if you are not this type of person, then you should jump on the bandwagon with me to stop these females who give you guys a bad name.

****Edit****

Thank you for all your supportive comments, I was a little down when I made this post. But I want to tell the military wives something. Since being in Korea I really have seen more good than bad and to the ones who really do love their hubbies and are supportive, thank you for being patient with them. I thank my baby everyday (even though he can't understand) for being patient and willing to follow me where ever I go. That is not easy. So thank you for that (the ones that don't fall in my last 2 categories lol).
CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Replies (71-76):
lalaballet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Oh and the spotless house, we have three boys and a girl five and under. I bet anything yours is cleaner. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalaballet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM
I'm sorry. :( I socialize with who I like, I don't give a crap what they do or what job their husband has. In fact I don't socialize with half the military wives! They can be crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate living in a military town surrounded by bitchy military wives. My dh isn't military but might as well be (he's gone for 4-6 months at a time)and I'm here on the homefront with no friends because they don't 'socialize with the civilians'

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmama721
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

My SO is military. I haaate it when I see military wives wearing their husbands rank. lol Its very annoying. I think your reasons are pretty valid. I work at a daycare on base, my heart aches for the military mommies (& daddies) that have to leave their kiddos for long periods of time.

sorry this so outta left field but is your cat a Savannah cat?are they the big ones that are mixed with some boss ass wild beastie?

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:02 AM
Haha yes. Kovu is an F4 so both his parents are Savannahs, but his great great great great grandpa was an African Serval.

Quoting aidensmama721:

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

My SO is military. I haaate it when I see military wives wearing their husbands rank. lol Its very annoying. I think your reasons are pretty valid. I work at a daycare on base, my heart aches for the military mommies (& daddies) that have to leave their kiddos for long periods of time.

sorry this so outta left field but is your cat a Savannah cat?are they the big ones that are mixed with some boss ass wild beastie?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommac10
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I was late for the first post but in response to the edit and for being a military woman yourself, Thank you. For fighting for our freedom and our childrens future.

Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I can only say two things here..
You are obviously an amazingly strong woman and your kids must (or will be when old enough to understand) be very proud of their mom
And
Thank you, for serving our country, and protecting those like me at home that are too chicken shit to enter ourselves. (hopfully at least one of my children will enter the military at some point and continue the tradtion..my brother was discharged but before him, our dad, and every dad before him (on his side) were military men, and I respect each and every one for what they've done)

I'm the kind of person that will randomly stop and thank a soldier if I see them in uniform, otherwise I wouldn't know they serve(d).
I thanked a retired vet the other day as I was pulling out of the gas station, I happened to notice his plate :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)