Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Don't Like Military Wives... ****EDIT :)****

Posted by   + Show Post

Before you bite my head off, let me explain.

Explanation 1.) I'm jealous. I actually serve in the military, I'm active duty. I'm also a single mom. I stare at them in envy as I

a.) wake up a 3:45 in the morning to get up in time enough to breastfeed my son, pump milk for him to have for the day, get him and myself dressed, and out the door on time enough to get him to daycare and me to PT.  I just wanna keep my baby at home and snuggle with him. :(

b.) come home during the day to get something that I forgot and I hear them in their apartment laughing and joking and having a good time with other military wives. I'm tired from working all day, I just really want a long nap :(

c.) watch them take their small children around to museums and stores during the work day. I wanna spend time like that with my baby. :(

d.) happen to see their spotless homes... Can you come clean mine while I'm at work, it looks like a tornado just been through mine. :(

Explanation 2.) Some of them take advantage of the younger men.

a.) my brother happens to fall in this category. I don't like it, and it's wrong.

b.) I'm sorry but, no man should have to take care of a woman (esp a woman who refuses to work to help pay the bills) plus her 3 kids by 3 different men who happen to be in the military as well (some of these women hop from one soldier to another). If this is you, stop it! Make a life for yourself, you put yourself into this mess, get yourself out. And not at the expense of others.

Explanation 3.) Some try to "wear" their husbands' rank.

a.) No! I don't HAVE to call you ma'am, I do that out of the respect that my MOM taught me.

b.) The military doesn't define you, it's not who you are, it's something that your husband does.

Ok, that is all. I know that some of you are going to hate me or say mean things, but wives, if you are not this type of person, then you should jump on the bandwagon with me to stop these females who give you guys a bad name.

****Edit****

Thank you for all your supportive comments, I was a little down when I made this post. But I want to tell the military wives something. Since being in Korea I really have seen more good than bad and to the ones who really do love their hubbies and are supportive, thank you for being patient with them. I thank my baby everyday (even though he can't understand) for being patient and willing to follow me where ever I go. That is not easy. So thank you for that (the ones that don't fall in my last 2 categories lol).
CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Replies (41-50):
feliciasmith
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:05 AM
My mil move their boys around countless times and because she homeschooled essentially everyday was a learning experience in history, culture, and much more.

Quoting conweis:

My issues are with the military wives that say, "Well we moved x many times since my husband has been in the military and act like they know everything about every city and town in the US. Or that they are more "cultured" than others. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:07 AM
I'm former army and have to agree with 2 and 3. I had my kids after I got out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Thanks for serving :) Just for the record, not all of us are snotty bitches that wear our husbands rank (mine is a staff sgt. I don't have much rank to wear :P) I hate to ones who give the rest of us a bad name.
tastelikeyum
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:35 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm a military wife and let me tell you as soon as I saw that tile you had I was about to go off lol. I wish I could help you out because my mom was in your shoes but with 2 kids. I saw how it was a struggle and even more so when she had to leave to go over seas. Maybe you should become friends with the sahm and I'm sure they would love to help you out. As far as these stank women cheating on there man, or visa versa, while they are over seas is messed up. But some of these men and women go over seas having sex there too, trust me I know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tastelikeyum
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:37 AM
3 moms liked this
Oh by the way I truly thank you for your service. God bless you!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle68
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I agree with the last one and those who constantly put their status as wife to a HERO!!! out there, like they are hero's by default  BLECH....  but hate police wives more :-)

manicMOM_DLC
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this

im so sorry you miss that time with your baby.  i got out of the army because i couldnt bear to miss it..

if your new ft lewis i WILL clean your house BTW.  for $$ of course LOL

Luvmyfam7
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:54 AM

I'm not married, but my fiance is in the Army as well, so we will still be in the same situation. Being dual military is like being a single parent with some added perks :)

Quoting DoubleAG:

wow. i didnt realize what i was about to read. but atleast you have good facts to not like them... but it seems more like u miss the staying at home type of ordel. i only work three days a week so i get to be home with my kids for the other 4 days... i wish it was all the time..but then my children wouldnt have the things they need. do you have a husband in the milltary? either way it doesnt matter. i work as a cna and my shift is considered weekend option. so i get paid pretty much  40 hours a week for working those three days...sometimes i hate it and working on the weekends but it gives me the time to be a sahm in a way.. and still working...

Luvmyfam7
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Actually, my FIANCE (father of my child) is "there" for me, but he's in the military as well. I'm in South Korea right now and he's still in the States (he will be here in July)... I know you didn't mean it wrong, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way. But like I said earlier, being dual military is still like being a single parent. Most married military couples are in the same unit so they have to do the same activities, at the same time, forcing them to leave their little ones behind.

Quoting rliperote2:

I feel for you but its not there fault that you babys daddy isnt there for you.  Ive been in your situation work my ass of and watched other woman be able to raise there child with the support of a good man.   Its better for the kids if the mom stays home and runs the house.  Its the ideal setup for them and tbh a stay at home mom does do alot of work..  I think you would feel this way about anyone who was able to stay at home with there children. 

Luvmyfam7
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 3:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for your service girlie! I don't think prior service members get enough credit either.

Quoting pamelam20:

I'm a military wife and I completely hear you in the pulling their husbands rank thing. I used to be in the military as well. Just know your child loves you and you are a great mom! (((hugs)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)