Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Essure?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Does anyone have any experience with the Essure?  The permanent birth control procedure??

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2012 at 6:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
praisinghim2day
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Yep.  Got it. Love it.

praisinghim2day
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Depending on your age though, it may not be permanent.  It's possible for the uterus to heal itself over time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Was it painful??  

I'm looking into it.  

Quoting praisinghim2day:

Yep.  Got it. Love it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I'm only 27 so I'm wondering if they have an age restriction for it.

atyou
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 9:36 AM
I have heard some positive things about it and a ton of negative.

Bump for replies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
praisinghim2day
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 9:39 AM

The day after I felt like I got hit by a truck.  But I also had a tubal at the same time.  My only word of advice, don't let doc dialate you at your pre-op appointment.  My doc had me go in the day before surgery and started dialation to be ready for the procedure.  He put this lil stick looking thing in my cervix... well, MOST women's cervixs stay open just a bit after having babies... mine didn't.  It closed up tighter than a tick!  He had to FORCEFULLY, MANUALLY open my cervix to put the lil stick in there to get the dialation process giong.  That hurt like HELL. I couldn't go back to work.  I was, in essence, in labor.  I was contracting.  Ask to be dialated after you're under.

I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.  I LOVE not having periods! :D  The only thing I would change is that I would ask that he dialate me once I'm under the anesthesia.

Quoting Anonymous:

Was it painful??  

I'm looking into it.  

Quoting praisinghim2day:

Yep.  Got it. Love it.

I'm divorced mommy of three and there are no "baby daddies". I'm a staunch right wing republican and a professional cosmetologist (hair, nails, makeup etc) working my tail off to make my own way in this world. I breastfed my kids and rewarded myself with a boob job to put back what the breastfeeding fairy took away. I believe in tough love, rules, boundaries, discipline and follow through. My kids do not rule the roost. They say yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes please and no thank you. Because of the values and respect that I've taught them, other people don't mind being around them. I spanked my kids just like my mom spanked me and we've all turned out fine. We're a hard playin', fun lovin' family. This is me, take it or leave it.

praisinghim2day
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Idk if there's an age restriction. It probably varies by doc. 

MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM

yup, got it in 2009. have not been pregnant since.

MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 9:43 AM

My dr put me under a twilight anthestia(sp) for the procedure. I was crampy for a few days. But nothing a lil naproxen couldnt take care of. The HSG afterwards is a pain in the ass. I had to have it done twice. They put the speculum in and insert a dye to see if your tubes are 100% closed up and make you move from side to side to get pictures of your tubes. I remember it being painful the frist time around, but the second time around, it was fine. No pain.

I would recommend it if you are seriously done with having kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Was it painful??  

I'm looking into it.  

Quoting praisinghim2day:

Yep.  Got it. Love it.

MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Quoting praisinghim2day:

Idk if there's an age restriction. It probably varies by doc. 

I was 6 days shit of 23rd birthday when I had mine done. And I only have one child. I've never heard of an age restriction with it, but you do have to sign a 30 day waiver, and take pregnancy tests before hand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN