Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He can't take it anymore

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I have a chronic illness and my husband told me last night he can't take it anymore. We argue daily and we never talk about anything except his work, guns, his video game and new movies coming out. He never wants to talk about anything else and never wants to talk about working on our marriage. Our daughter has a lot of disciplining issues and he let's her have her way all the time and I'm the one left to be "mean". I told him tonight that I feel like he doesn't want our marriage to work and he said he does but he didn't sound too persuasive. He doesn't believe in divorce but I can't keep living this way everyday if he doesn't want to "talk" about our issues. He also works night shift so we hardly spend any time together. I feel like I'm at a dead end. I want our marriage to work but idk how much longer I can take it like this. We've been married 6.5 years and together 8.5 years. This is my confession but need some nice advice on how I can get him to come around and talk to me and open up.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Bump. I ask for nice advice and no one can give any because I don't need a good bitchin'? Lol
shadowsgrl09
by Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I'm sorry that I can't help.  I would suggest going to counseling or something.

iluv2meow
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 10:33 AM

you cant make someone change or do anything unless they are willing. My hubby once acted like that thinking I would just be submissive. I packed my bags and left.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2012 at 10:36 AM

No advice, we're in the same boat, minus the chronic disease. He works more then he's home, the kids run all over me because I'm the only one that tries to discipline. When he is home he bitches how much he hates being here, how he's bored how he's sick of the fucking kids. and their whining I would leave but have no work experience and don't think I could raise 3 kids on my own. I stay for the money.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I'm sorry I have no advice for you. If he doesn't want to talk or go to counseling your options are limited.

mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Not many replies cuz too many of us are dealing with similar problems - some of these men are just jerks!!! My goal is to try to get my own boys to not be like that with their own wives when the finaly get some LOL however, my oldest is gonna be just like his Dad snarly and lack of a work ethic!! Well, kinda, my sons see that I am the only one that goes out to work everyday and that I try to get a hot meal on the table every night and they do get disgusted that their Dad sit around yelling at me all the time for not doing something right so maybe, just maybe......

Good luck with your issue!! And the chronic health stuff...I suffer from arthritis but manage to work on my feet at my job - yes, it hurts ALOT but we need money and groceries UGH!!!

AnAngelsKiss
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM
fanci64
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Sounds to me as if he is scared by your illness and doesnt know how to talk to you about it so he talks to you about the unimportant things in life . Im really sorry your going through what your dealing with and hope your health issues improve soon. I dont know what the answers are to solve your problems but I think counseling is a good place to start .
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 2, 2012 at 4:18 AM

I don't have any advice but I do have a hug for you ((((HUGS))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured