Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Homosexuality is a sin...also all are these things!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I won't take credit for this someone else wrote it, I am just reposting it here for some food for thought for those of you who say that homosexuality is such a horrible sin. What are your thoughts on the rest of this list?

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Replies (121-130):
pampire
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I am always surprised at how many Christians forget that the the teachings of the NEW Testament supercede those of the OLD Testament.  The Old Testament lays the historic foudnation for what is to come in the New Testament. 

The laws laid down in the OT are valid, but the way in which we obey them has been transformed by the coming of and teachings of Jesus Christ.

coonsblessed
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 6:28 PM

that's actually what I meant and now I'm hoping I didn't lead anyone astray.  We do not have to follow the 10 commandments to make it into heaven (which was my point), we do however, if we wish to lead a life of God.  Jesus made his sacrifice b/c we will never be good enough no matter how good we try to be, we always slip up.

Quoting pampire:

I am always surprised at how many Christians forget that the the teachings of the NEW Testament supercede those of the OLD Testament.  The Old Testament lays the historic foudnation for what is to come in the New Testament. 

The laws laid down in the OT are valid, but the way in which we obey them has been transformed by the coming of and teachings of Jesus Christ.

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

It's obvious you're just making fun of Christians, but I can give you the answer you're looking for if you're interested.

When Jesus died on the cross all of the old laws died with him and all things became new. Any of the laws stated in the old testament no longer had to be followed. Homosexuality was also brought into the new testament as a new law, therefore it is still considered a sin. 1 Corinthians 6:9 says "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men.". None of the other old testament laws that you stated were brought into the new testament, therefore they are ancient laws that no longer need to be followed. Does that make sense?

Corinthians was a letter written by Paul to the Corinthian Church.  Jesus made no mention of homosexuality in the Bible.

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I think the letter writer was writing into a hateful show with a host who talks about gays being sinful and whatnot and he handed his ass to him...the rest was examples...the guy on the show always uses the first bible quote which is why the guy quoted the other things, obviously the man who wrote it was a christian since he reads the bible and tunes in to christian radio but did not agree with hating on gays

Quoting coonsblessed:

Sigh.  It's posts like these that make ppl think Christians are crazy and judgemental.  Whoever wrote this originally obviously is an activist.  They are taking way too much out of context and are likely to lead a lot of ppl away from God.  The devil wins again with this one. :(

My understanding is this was a response written to Dr. Laura Schlessinger of the Dr. Laura show, which is not on Christian radio.  In fact, I'm pretty sure she is Jewish, not Christian.

MombaBella
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Loveeee it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rosesandlilys
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Quoting and....:

FTR im a Christian, and I heart this right here. 

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Quoting Rosesandlilys:

Quoting and....:

FTR im a Christian, and I heart this right here. 

Me too!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Apr. 1, 2012 at 7:44 PM
I dont believe any of it, but if you are going to drag other religions into it, PLEASE get it right. His name was JOSEPH Smith, not John. And he never added to or changed the Bible, he wrote translated the Book of Mormon which Mormons believe in that AND the King James version of the bible.
I was raised Mormon, and while i believe there is good and also good people in all religions, they are man made. Each one has different interpretations/ beliefs and feel theirs is the only right one. I now do not follow any organized religion and also believe in not judging others.

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

I believe that there are modern day prophets. When I accepted Jesus as my savior I received the gift of discernment. I have to use that gift to discern who is actually hearing God's voice and who is a crazy lunatic. Honestly, I think most of them are crazy. There are very few that I would actually accept as true modern day prophets. Now, adding laws to the Bible, no. I don't think anyone should do that. Revelation 22 18-19 says "I warn everyone who
hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything
to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this
scroll. And if anyone
takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from
that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which
are described in this scroll.". Also, I don't believe in anything John Smith taught or believed.

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

So if someone today started to claim that God was speaking to him and telling him to add laws to the Bible would you believe him?  Or would you dismiss him as some crazy schitzo?  Do you believe John Smith was actually reading the word of God when he started the Mormon faith?  Honestly, I'm curious. 

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

That's where faith comes into play. I have a personal faith in God and believe that what is written is true. It's up to each individual person to decide if they believe it or not. I can't tell you what to believe or what not to.

Quoting Anonymous:

So we're just supposed to believe what some guy is claiming God told him to say??

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

They are letters written to the church. Paul was anointed in Acts 19, therefore God's word was in him. He was writing the letters to the church to tell them what God had spoken to him.

Quoting RaeAnne.USAF:

Where does he say God told him these things? All Corinthians 1 and 2 are just letters to a church.

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

Paul wrote what God spoke to him. He didn't just go making things up and writing them. So, it is God's law.

Quoting RaeAnne.USAF:

So Paul said it was a sin...not God or Jesus?

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

1 Corinthians 6:9

Quoting RaeAnne.USAF:

I really want to know!!! I haven't found it in the NT.

Quoting RaeAnne.USAF:

Where?

Quoting arielsmomma1020:

Lol...homosexuslity id also mentioned in the NT as a sin

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Apr. 1, 2012 at 7:48 PM
You can't own a Canadian because we'll kick your ass or at least this one would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Apr. 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM

lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN