Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I've never heard about this debate until I joined cafemom. What's wrong with vaccinating? I just always assumed I would vaccinate... I am pregnant with my first and this site seriously makes me feel like I'm going to be a bad mom lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I vaxed my kids to protect them from awful childhood diseases that can cause blindness, disfiguration and even death. I'm old enough to remember peers that had measles and polio, it's not pretty.

PITAmom1023
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:19 PM

i vaccinate didnt even know i had another option cuz they cant go to school without their vaccinations.  for a while in middle school you couldnt go without the HPV vaccine either which when my kids are that age they will get that one too.  but vaccines are manditory if i want my kids in school 

bellawomen
by Summer on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Our decision not to vaccinate had nothing to do with autism. Your information is wrong.

Quoting teeloffel:

IMO, the reason a majority of moms choose not to vax is because they read a misleading (erroneous) report  somewhere stating that the vaccines were a cause / trigger for autism. This is NOT true.  If you really want to know whether or not you should vax and if you're okay with the regular schedule or you want to break up the vaxes, just do a google search - you should find plenty of info.

FWIW - I vax.

Quoting perezamberly:

See I always assumed that... And then I see these moms always get so passionate about not vaccinating and I'm like whaaaa?

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

I chose to vaccinate. I feel that it is safer and better for my children. To each their own.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teeloffel
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Umm, I think your information is wrong.

I never claimed that I knew why YOU specifically decided not to vaccinate.  I merely stated my opinion... you know, that thing that everyone has along with assholes??

Quoting bellawomen:

Our decision not to vaccinate had nothing to do with autism. Your information is wrong.

Quoting teeloffel:

IMO, the reason a majority of moms choose not to vax is because they read a misleading (erroneous) report  somewhere stating that the vaccines were a cause / trigger for autism. This is NOT true.  If you really want to know whether or not you should vax and if you're okay with the regular schedule or you want to break up the vaxes, just do a google search - you should find plenty of info.

FWIW - I vax.

Quoting perezamberly:

See I always assumed that... And then I see these moms always get so passionate about not vaccinating and I'm like whaaaa?

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

I chose to vaccinate. I feel that it is safer and better for my children. To each their own.

Shop Smart, S-Mart.
bellawomen
by Summer on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:40 PM
The majority of nonvaxers choose not vaccinate for reasons unrelated to autism. That's a fact not an opinion. You can base an opinion off that fact though. There is no need to be hostile.

Quoting teeloffel:

I never claimed that I knew why YOU specifically decided not to vaccinate.  I merely stated my opinion... you know, that thing that everyone has along with assholes??

Quoting bellawomen:

Quoting teeloffel:

FWIW - I vax.

Quoting perezamberly:

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellawomen
by Summer on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you go to private school or live in WV or MS?

Quoting PITAmom1023:

i vaccinate didnt even know i had another option cuz they cant go to school without their vaccinations.  for a while in middle school you couldnt go without the HPV vaccine either which when my kids are that age they will get that one too.  but vaccines are manditory if i want my kids in school 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I choose to have all 4 of my kids vaxed as I think its best for MY kids.  Matter of fact Erin had a HepB shot today.

bellawomen
by Summer on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:44 PM
We have traveled to Kenya for 3 months unvaccinated and all came back healthy. Gorgeous place but some countries require vaccines before the will issue visas.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

It was recommended when we traveled. It was only my husband and I, so the kids only have the normal vaccines. I didn't even think twice about it. We were going to be in a "high threat" area and I saw no reason to chance it. It was a pain in the ass though and more than the typical simple shot.

Quoting PEEK05:

I'm talking about the regular vaccination schedule. Small pox vaccines are not on the schedule. That's probably something you would have to specifically ask for.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

It is if you travel internationally...lol. They recommend that you receive pretty much all vaccines, especially if you travel to any second or third world countries, or at least my doctor did.

Quoting PEEK05:

The small pox vaccine is not a part of the regular vaccination schedule, lol.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Personally, I'm not a big fan of things like small pox and polio. So I vax.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teeloffel
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:58 PM

How can you claim this? You have facts to back up your statment? Link?

Quoting bellawomen:

The majority of nonvaxers choose not vaccinate for reasons unrelated to autism. That's a fact not an opinion. You can base an opinion off that fact though. There is no need to be hostile.

Quoting teeloffel:

Quoting bellawomen:

Quoting teeloffel:

FWIW - I vax.

Quoting perezamberly:

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Shop Smart, S-Mart.
Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I choose to do both vaccinating (most anyway, dont do flu or chicken pox, unsure if we will do HPV one yet and being NZers, we follow the New Zealand immunisation schedule) and following the natural path of doing other things to boost immunity such as lots of raw garlic etc etc.

I figure its double the protection LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN