Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Autism moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Does it piss you off when people self diagnose their children with some form of Autism but never take them for an actual diagnosis? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM
It's annoying. Don't complain about it if you are not willing to get help with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Quoting Mychele:

It's annoying. Don't complain about it if you are not willing to get help with it.

One of the ladies on my street had two boys.  One is 3 and the other is 1.  She swears both are Autistic.  I think they are both just normal kids.  The three year old talks, is loving, and is pretty rambunctious.  The one year old just turned a year old a week ago...he seems pretty normal to me.  But Mom is kind of an attention whore anyway.  She is always posting crazy stuff on FB.

sunfireprincess
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 2:03 PM
That is frustrating
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on Apr. 4, 2012 at 2:05 PM
I've never encountered that but I do suppose it would piss me off. My next door neighbor calls my son mentally reta**ed and I wanna smack a bitch when she says it. I'm like no he's autistic and beats to a different drum than you fucking idiot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairyjester
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM
People do that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2012 at 2:07 PM

All the time.

Autism is not a catch all for your kids bad behaviors and not all children with autism behave badly. Grrrr.

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I would just suggest they take the steps to have their child evaluated, if they really feel that way. Early intervention is they key, if you suspect it...do something about it for the sake of your child. Can't say it pisses me off or even find it annoying, though.

Makynzies_Mommy
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM
You are a strong woman! I would have hauled off and hit her! Some people are just ignorant! And honestly we all beat to different drums!! ;) I love that you put it that way!! :)

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

I've never encountered that but I do suppose it would piss me off. My next door neighbor calls my son mentally reta**ed and I wanna smack a bitch when she says it. I'm like no he's autistic and beats to a different drum than you fucking idiot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM
It pisses me off more when people say they understand cause their kids have add.
Aranna
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Yes, to no end! My almost 3 year old is pdd-nos. Also hate when people try to tell me how to treat her and deal with her melt downs and extreme possetion issues
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)