Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this the new norm?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 841 Replies
51 moms liked this

Does anyone ever get married anymore, BEFORE having kids? It drives me crazy that people have so many kids, by different fathers, etc. Seriously, what ever happened to getting married and THEN having children? I get you mess up in HS or whatever, have a kid, etc. but to just keep doing it?? I know a girl who's 20, has 3 kids, 3 different dad's, and to me, that is just insane!!! Just wanting to know why it's not important to give kids stability anymore?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM
60 moms liked this
Again.....not 1912.....2012
MollyJmommy
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM
24 moms liked this
Shit happens my dd wasn't planned and i'm a single mom. Yes I wish I could have been married and that she had a great dad but she wanted to be born so she was her dad is a no show but life goes on and I wont be ashamed of having different fathers for my kids when I have more. Just because they wont have the same bio father doesn't mean they wont have the same dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ffpm10
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:25 PM
47 moms liked this
Because I have no desire to get married. But I want kids. Why should I HAVE to get married?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:25 PM
33 moms liked this
You are absolutely trying to judge. You dont just get to tack that on there to make yourself 'sound' nice. Own it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:26 PM
9 moms liked this
Hubby and I had two of our three children before getting married. We lived together for 10 years. Not everyone wants to throw a party, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:26 PM
11 moms liked this
Isn't marriage a religious thing? If you want kids but aren't religious then what's the big deal?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM
35 moms liked this
We did. We lost our virginity on our honeymoon =]
Had a baby 1 year later.
NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:29 PM
7 moms liked this

Im guessing you will get responses of "you dont need money, marriage, a house, food, an education..... to have stability." o.O  enough said. 

AisleyneChasidy
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:29 PM
21 moms liked this

Why must I get married just to have children? It's not ESSENTIAL that I marry before children. I can support my children so what does it matter?

Whether people marry before having children, whether they have more than one father, whether they have a child every year - it's nobody elses business.

BabyFetus Ticker

Chelsie Eleanor S: 01-01-2006; Elishia Victoria O: 19-09-2009; Kegan Christopher O: 19-09-2009; Baby Bump H: Due 18-11-2012 

motherof497
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM
7 moms liked this

Quoting atyou:

You are absolutely trying to judge. You dont just get to tack that on there to make yourself 'sound' nice. Own it.

Absolutely agree with you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)