Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i dislike our new neighbors very much, but this was the last straw!

Posted by   + Show Post
We live in a verynice, very small and quiet neighborhood. There are about 20 homes and a mix of famlies,young couples ( like my husband and i) and a few students that share a house. All in all i love it here. Big back yard and great safe place to start a family....

2 weeks ago a new family moved in. They have2 dogs and 3 children. Maybe9-12. First off, they let their dogs run all over the place. Yes, most of us out here have pets but out of respect we either leash walk them, have a fenced yard or tie outs or supervise them while they are outside. Last week their dog came after mine. It irked me but i shoo'd it away. Later that night it destoryed 2 of the toys we'd left on the porchand dug up most of my veggie garden. I asked them to supervise their pets and the man was very rude to me and made it out to me my fault. Whatever...
but last night was it! Dh and i were coming home around dusk and the kids were in the street playing. Not a big deal, as i said its a very quiet area but they wouldn't move so we could pass. After several seconds of them still riding their skatebords back and forth dh honked the horn so they would move. The father came running out of his house not to getbhis kids but to yell at us for trying to run over his kids and calling racist because "you honk at all black kids like that. Think you better than us?" And several other choice words. Thank god dh didnt get an attitude but he was livid. WTH?
What are we supposednto do about annoying neighbors? And, no,we are NOT racist. I was just adding that because i didnt understand how he assumed that at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Replies (11-16):
Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Sprinkle some cayenne pepper around the borders of your front yard to discourage any unwanted visits from stray animals.

HouseKatof2
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I had a major altercation with neighbors that their back yard backs into the side of our back yard. They were nice enough to raise hell about my mom's dog on the day of my mom's funeral. I even fully recognized that mom's dog had been a bit of a pain, barking a lot more than normal. I tried to explain he was very confused & out of sorts since mom just disappeared and never came back. Their wonderful response was to call me some horrible names. 

Less than 3 days later I had out 4 foot chain link fence replaced with an 8 foot white vinyl privacy fence... Problem solved LoL

The one thing that makes me feel better is that they are only renting that house. Chances of them staying there more than a year or two are pretty slim. After almost 20 years in this house I am not really worried about them being a long term problem.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Do you have any black neighbors? The guy sounds like if the person confronting him was black, that he might not act that way since he apparently thinks white people are out to get him
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2012 at 12:36 AM

That sucks. I hate my neighbors as well

andreamarie
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Sorry no advice. I am white and trying. To get rid of white thieves. I would love to see tthem to to play that card here. If you find a solution, please let me in on it.
Good luck mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andreamarie
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 12:58 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs mama.

Quoting HouseKatof2:

I had a major altercation with neighbors that their back yard backs into the side of our back yard. They were nice enough to raise hell about my mom's dog on the day of my mom's funeral. I even fully recognized that mom's dog had been a bit of a pain, barking a lot more than normal. I tried to explain he was very confused & out of sorts since mom just disappeared and never came back. Their wonderful response was to call me some horrible names. 

Less than 3 days later I had out 4 foot chain link fence replaced with an 8 foot white vinyl privacy fence... Problem solved LoL

The one thing that makes me feel better is that they are only renting that house. Chances of them staying there more than a year or two are pretty slim. After almost 20 years in this house I am not really worried about them being a long term problem.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured