Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preemies anyone?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Can you tell me about your preemie baby?
I am at high risk of delivering early for many reasons.
I am 31wks tomorrow. Please give me your encouraging story so I am not so scared.
Thank you ladies!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM
My twin boys Jaxson and Anthony were born by emergency c section at 34 weeks. They spent 16 days in the NICU and are now happy and healthy 2 yr olds! Good luck with your baby and delivery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2012 at 10:48 PM
My best friend has 3 micro preemies and they are all doing pretty good. Her oldest is 4.5 and was a 24 seeker and barely weighed a pound
momof6nanaof2
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 5:53 AM

My twins were born 22 years ago...:) 30 weeks gestation....2.5 and 3.5 lbs....now one is 6'6 and the other is 6'3....both in college....Good luck!!

highlandmum
by Spunky on Apr. 5, 2012 at 8:15 AM
3 moms liked this

I have had two preemies - my first was born at 28 weeks and weighted 2 lbs 2 oz.  She spent two months in NICU, was off oxygen within 48 hours of her birth.  She is now 12 and most people are amazed she was a preemie.  My second preemie was born at 31 weeks and weighted 2 lbs 11 ozs.  He spent one month in NICU, was never on oxygen, and was the pest of the NICU unit.  He would constantly rip his leads off which would set off the alarms, he pulled any IVs out of himself, he even removed his own feeding tube.  He is now 6 and like his sister no one believes he was a preemie.  Both of them were born by emergency c section, since I had pre-eclampsia.  Here are pictures of my two.

Maisys_Mama
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

My baby girl was born at 31 weeks and 6 days.. she spent one month in the NICU and had some health issues in the first year but we got through it! She is currently 5 years old, in the 50th % of her weight and 95th % of her height!!!!!! No one even believes that she was a preemie any more! LOL! Hope everything goes well for you and your family! 

Npasley
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM
My little girl was born at 32 weeks. I am also prone to high risk pregnacies. I always deliver early. She was in the NICU for a month and has no health issues. She is 13 pounds and doing everything a term 4 month old should be doing plus some. The best nurses and doctors alway work in the NICU your little one will be in good hands. Good luck! And everything will be great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured