Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*update*Am I wrong.... (question concerning blended family)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
**so I figured that since most of the response I had was helpful rather than just mean I'd give an update. I took the advice most of you ladies gave and made very clear arrangements with Ss mother in case I went into labor on my due date. My SO brought his son over for the weekend and honestly seeing my SO so happy just made me change my mind about tons of things. I think I fell in love with my SS this weekend, he is an amazing, entertaining kid. I did however go into labor.AS SOON as SO came back from dropping him off, how strange is that? After 16 hours of labor my son was born and now I can't wait to get out of the hospital to see how SS reacts to lil brother. I'm very anxious and excited :)**

Ok figured I'd ask this question in this site since women here are painfully honest about there feelings..

I'm gonna be a ftm, (due date is saturday) my SO has a three year old son. He just started getting unsupervised visits with his son which I know my SO really loves. But heres the hitch.
I'm due saturday. He wants his son to spend the weekend here. I told him taking his son for the entire weekend wasn't smart, I mean what does he plan to do with him if I go into labor? He said bring him with...
Bring him with? Wtf.are you kidding me? This is gonna be my first and ONLY child I intend to have, is it wrong to want my SOs undivided attention. To focus all on me while I'm birthing his son and not half assing between me and his 3 year old?
He said theres no sure prof that I'll go into labor this weekend (especially since doc told me I'm not open at all) but still why risk it? The way I see it is he has now until FOREVER to spend time with his son, and only ONE time to be sportive and attentive to me during labor...
We fought about this for days, I told him how important it is to me that hes there just for me during labor, I thought he understood and than this afternoon I heard him tell his son he's picking him up for the weekend.. Talk about a smack to the face...
Am I over reacting? Am I wrong for feeling this way?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Replies (141-145):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Their not doing things through the court. It's kind of a, she calls the shots and he has to oblige. She has him by the balls and I'm so completely annoyed with their situation. But I stay positive for him while he tries to do things her way

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

Yeah.....a court would never take that as a reason for him to only have supervised visits.  If he told you that he fed you a load of bullshit.  An unsupervised visit means he no longer has to a have a court ordered person there watching him to make sure he doesn't harm his son or do something otherwise irresponsible.

That is very different from an overnight visit.....that has nothing to do with the court and nothing to do with the father being supervised or not.

Good luck with that....smdh.....

Quoting Anonymous:

His sons mother was against him taking his son on his own, because she has another son (not his 5yo) & she feels it's unfair for the 3yo to get picked up and go on outing with his father if the 5yo cant go as well

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

Why did he only have supervised visits with his son before?  Usually that is not a good sign.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Bump
Ashes0813
by Candice on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Congrats and I'm glad it all worked out for the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaLaura
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM
I'm glad everything worked out well! Congrats on your new arrival!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Thank you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN