Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this really how people see the man that they call Jesus?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:39 AM
  • 102 Replies

This is circulating around FB and I just wonder if this is what people think of when they think of their love for Jesus.  If he was crucified and then risen again destined to return, why would they picture him at the point of his crucifixion?

SHARE if you ACCEPT Him,
SHARE if you LOVE Jesus,
SHARE if Jesus is your FRIEND,
SHARE if you ADORE him,
SHARE if He is our SAVIOR,
SHARE if He means EVERYTHING in our life ♥
IGNORE if it DOESN'T .

by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM
5 moms liked this
I do not like that picture. It's creepy, and I am Christian.
singlemom1208
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM
13 moms liked this
Because that shows part of the sacrifice he made for us. There is a lot to Jesus, but it's so important to remember this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:41 AM

That is how I feel.  I wonder why it is so popular and being passed around.  It seems like they would appreciate a more positive image.

Quoting Anonymous:

I do not like that picture. It's creepy, and I am Christian.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Because people are disgusting. They actually think this particular human torture and sacrafice was "beautiful".

BARFFFFFFF......

Anyone who thinks it's OK to worship a celestial Hitler needs their head examined.....
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:42 AM
4 moms liked this

that picture is meant to induce guilt.

it's rather pathetic.

Beautiful31mom
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Quoting singlemom1208:

Because that shows part of the sacrifice he made for us. There is a lot to Jesus, but it's so important to remember this

this. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

.ZombieGirl.
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Because people are disgusting. They actually think this particular human torture and sacrafice was "beautiful".

BARFFFFFFF......

Anyone who thinks it's OK to worship a celestial Hitler needs their head examined.....

O_0

Care to explain?

acbbsmama
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM
2 moms liked this
When I think of Jesus i of think of him as he is now, in Heaven. He paid the ultimate sacrifice but that isn't where his work ended. He is in Heaven doing amazing things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

VannaMae307
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Not all Christians like this picture as a representation. But those that do, often use it as a picture of guilt, basically when they are about to do something un-Christlike, they remember this bloody battered man, dying for their sins, and are "reminded" of the pain He went through to forgive others for the sin that they were about to commit (if that is the case). I believe Catholics are more likely to have this picture, especially as a crucifix necklace, as a constant reminder, much more often than a Baptist or Presbyterian Christian.

I am a Baptist Christian. I don't think we even had something like this in the church, much less the house we live/lived in

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)