Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

His mother doesn't know we're married

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

He is from India. I am American. We got married 3 years ago and some of my family was there. My family has always accepted him. It was a small but beautiful wedding. He never told his mom. I knew and we have talked about it but his culture is very complicated and I really don't like to push myself between his mother and him. He is the only child (doesn't that make everything better) and his father passed away (god bless him) when he was young.

Basically I have one of the most difficult mother in law situations to deal with. It took him 2 years to tell her he was seeing me and she disowned him shortly after that because I am not Indian/Hindu. She then reowned him. It feels like shit to not be accepted based on my background. She still thinks we are only seeing eachother and we live together but have 2 seperate rooms. HA! He never had a relationship so she has never had to deal with this before. See, this is the problem when you are an overbearing parent and you condition your child to be scared of you. They never tell you or involve you in the most important life events.

We both will not do this to our children. And here is the kicker: I am pregnant now! We are both thrilled!!! I want this baby to be healthy and grow! This means he has to tell her about the baby......

He will tell her when i pass my "misscarriage safety zone" and he doesn't seem to care what she thinks anymore. He is very happy about the baby.

Which is worse, getting married without your mother knowing or having a baby out of wedlock? (she thinks it's out of wedlock but its not)

I am learning Hindi to maybe help ease the transition.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Replies (41-44):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Quoting bmw29:

No offense but your husband needs to grow a pair.

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:34 PM
I think it would be worse to let her think there will be a child born out of wedlock.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Or she will believe OP got knocked up in order to keep her son... And OP is forcing the wedding on him. Not true, but if I found out like that about them being married, that'd be my first thought

Quoting wrensong:

Maybe he can tell her about the marriage and baby at the same time??

Maybe the baby will soften her up some

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM

So wrong. His manhood has nothing to do with it. Sorry you cannot see that or that you have no understanding for such a cultural shock.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting bmw29:

No offense but your husband needs to grow a pair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)