Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40% of children autistic?? OH FFS! "Dear Anonymous... l"

Posted by   + Show Post
I didnt see anyone pointing this out - so

It does not say 40% of children are autistic.

It says that under the new definition 40% of autistic children would be excluded from services ... what the fucking fuck, you even highlighted that shit. Holy fuck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Replies (31-34):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:01 AM

But that is how autism works. Some kids have an intellectual disability. Some have significant intellectual disabilities while others have mild intellectual disabilities. It all depends on IQ level but they are still diagnosed as having an intellectual disability. If a child displayed a variety of autistic characteristics and in impacts their ability to function in regard to communication, social interaction or behavior; they are diagnosed with autism. Teachers don't diagnose autism so people saying its over diagnosed by teachers are incorrect. 

Quoting iluv2meow:

See the underlined...

I have a problem with that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Autism involves many, many different characteristics. Any two kids identified with Autism may not display the same characteristic behaviors. Aspergers is a form of autism. You could not go into a room and pick out the kids with Aspergers. Everything is over diagnosed when there is no direct test for it but most kids diagnosed have some level of autism. 

Quoting iluv2meow:

I think a lot of kids are not properly diagnosed with the right diagnosis. I think a lot of times kids have some symptoms of something but later down the years it becomes something else.

Clearly the symptoms of Autism seems to be increasing, doesn't neccessarily mean that everyone diagnosed really are autistic.

I have seen many cases of kids diagnosed with mild autism and yet they are hardly showing the same behaviors or symptoms verses someone that is sincerely 100% autistic.

So technically speaking, my original comment, Diagnosis is the cure to everything is FALSE, but yet we are so eager to jump with the first conclusion once a doctor decides... Oh ya your kid is ADHD or Autistic or...

I think as parents we need to stop settling for any diagnosis and label and start paying more attention to the fact that some kids are showing symptoms of multiple things (another words I am starting to believe some kids may not only be Autistic but other things as well) for those that do not fall under 100% autistic.

I also do not think that Autism is created by any single thing, for example vaxing..... Perhaps it can cause autism like behavior, but Im getting very very very skeptical about the loose quick labeling of kids with issues related to Autism and other overly diagnosed labels.

Quoting 

veganistic
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:09 AM
It means "for fuck's sake".

Quoting mommasbabies77:

btw what does ffs mean? I'm mobile and can't search for that abbreviation post.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasbabies77
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
lol sweetheart..I already made a post asking too late. Just like a wife..always shows up too late:p

Quoting veganistic:

It means "for fuck's sake".

Quoting mommasbabies77:

btw what does ffs mean? I'm mobile and can't search for that abbreviation post.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Yeah...I saw that too! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured