Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Coffee Shop Confessions: Do you secretly enjoy going away on business trips?

Posted by   + Show Post

I LOVE Going Away on Business Trips! 

Is it true for you?  Do you love going away for business?

This mom loves (LOVES!) going away on business trips and leaving her kids at home. She gets to stretch out on the hotel bed, enjoy her morning coffee in peace, and never has to watch cartoons! But, should she feel guilty for relishing her "me time?"

What is your favorite thing about going away on business? 

Do you feel guilty for enjoying time away from your family?

Share your thoughts in the replies below.

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Replies (41-50):
Bellarose0212
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:54 AM

DH and I do the same thing. We go somewhere and can't stop talking about what DD would like (talking about day trips, I've never been away over night). I do think business trips would be awesome but my daughter is 3.5 and I have never been away overnight. Maybe someday with older kids, I could really enjoy it, but I would still probably be doing what you describe, thinking all the cool stuff was a waste without my daughter there to enjoy it. But, my chosen profession isn't really going to send me away on business anyway. My best vacation, I think, would be the type where there is enough family along that you can enjoy some adult stuff while grandma takes the kids, but then you also get to see your kids enjoy the fun stuff. :)

Quoting mothernature:

i would never be able to enjoy it , i would spend so much time thinking "oh ds would love the big tub or omg dd would love the cable tv lol" but if hubbie could come with me i could get over how the kids felt because spending that alone time with him would be so awesome <3 but leaving my kids for just a few hours makes me feel anxious ,i have a 13,10 and nursing 2 yr old.

godsgirl26
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I dont get away on business trips im a sahm.

PPMom
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:03 AM
This is NO secret!!! I feel absolutely no guilt about me time....and I love being a Mom!

Let's start a No Mommy Guilt crusade.

Favorite part of time away from the kid....just a little old fashioned freedom

Favorite part of time WITH the kid...everything!
Barabell
by ~~CC~~ on Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I've never been on a business trip. 

I have gone on vacation without our son and/or my husband before, and that was enjoyable. I did miss them towards the end of the vacation though...

littlepinkrose
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I take care of my nephew full time so when husband and I get a weekend road trip away and his mom takes over I love it!!  I love to spend time with my hubby just him and me together.

UnaLoves
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:50 AM

ONLY for a breather... as in to get my head cleared.... BUT I love my son, its just that a "Wee" break is also nice........ ;-)

Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM

This.

Quoting Barabell:

I've never been on a business trip. 

I have gone on vacation without our son and/or my husband before, and that was enjoyable. I did miss them towards the end of the vacation though...

chellenout
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:58 AM

No because im a sahm, but when my kids do go with my ex husband. I've learned to enjoy it and really do what I want.  Like go back to bed and watch movies all day long.  Not feeling guilty bc its' 1 pm and Im still in my jammies.  Im a 7 am out of jammies kind of person. 

It not that bad because now I enjoy my time alone!

Faizashah
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:12 AM

i am sure it is wonderful for most mums out there. I am a working mom and i wish i could enjoy that too but as soon as my only DD is away for a while i feel as if i have lost all my energy to do anythinglese. So she kinda keep me up and about :) and i like that. :)

lowencope
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM
I've seen Alex on real houswives. I would prefer to hear from moms who are not rich with nannies who do everything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN