Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think white people can be victims of racsim?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I just read in another post,that if you're white you cannot be a victim of racism.Do you agree?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Replies (381-390):
wanderingwolf
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:37 AM

Anybody can be a victim of racism.  Doesn't make any difference to racists what your skin color is.  I'm a white American convert to Islam and have experienced discrimination here where I live (most of the people here are ignorant white Christians who think they are better than everyone else and I've rarely seen people of other races here in my grandmother's country or my mother's county, excluding the Somalian Muslims at college in my mother's county and the few other international students from Asia) and face daily harassment from my family due to me being Muslim and married to a Muslim, plus with my husband being from Middle East and black.  I think that term, when whites are a victim of racism, is called 'reverse racism' and usually applies to racist blacks being racist towards whites.  

tth328
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:40 AM
Anybody can be a victim of racism. Many people are just so disrespectful and mean these days. Anybody can dislike you for anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:54 AM
Epitome of biased!

Quoting RoyaLioness:

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

My black male students recieve the same education and attention as my white students. There is no deviation. They go to the same school live in the same neighborhood and are offered the same opportunities. Their backgrounds are no different than that of the white students. I don't see your point as far as the struggle of the black male student if they are given the same opportunity as everyone else. I have numerous black male students who excell in education and will probably succeed very far in this life.

Additional points since you refused to see the first:

Failing to Educate Black Males

Another huge problem facing America's public
schools, a new study on black males in public education titled "Yes, We
Can" shows that only 47 percent of African American males graduate from
high school compared to 78 percent of white male students.

http://newsroom.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/18/failing-to-educate-black-males/

vs.

Urban Prep Academy Gets 100% Black Male College Attendance... Again

By Boyce Watkins, PhD

Urban Prep Academy

Well, they've done it again. Urban Prep Academy of Chicago, an all-male charter school with kids from the "worst" parts of Chicago, is sending 100% of its graduating seniors off to college. The
school, founded in 2006, has stated that its continuous objective is to
see to it that all of its students go to college. They are succeeding
with flying colors.

The school started with kids whose futures had been left for dead by
their public schools: Only four percent of the school's incoming
freshmen were reading at grade level when they arrived on campus. But by
sending all of their graduating seniors to college, they've not only
gotten these kids up to speed, they've allowed them to zip past every
other public school in the entire United States.

"No other public [school] in the country has done this," said Tim King, the founder of Urban Prep.

The students at the school are required to wear a jacket and tie every
single day. They also go to school for two hours longer than other kids.
They take English twice a day and are given a mentor with a cell number
that kids can call 24 hours a day. They've clearly hit the mark when it
comes to understanding that getting our children to the land of
educational success requires both academic and sociological strategies.

When I first wrote about Urban Prep Academy last year, I was incredibly proud. Like Stephen Stafford,
the 13-year old kid who now attends Morehouse College, the men of Urban
Prep Academy are firm reminders of what black men are meant to be. We
are not hard wired to be thugs, athletes or entertainers. We are meant
to be just as brilliant, capable and successful as everyone else in
America. Tim King is teaching his boys something that I learned while
teaching college over the last 17 years: There is no such thing as
"college material." Every child can be college material if they choose
to be. I was personally told that I wasn't smart enough to go to
college, but it takes more intelligence to make it in prison than it
does to make it on a college campus. It all comes down to hard work, and
black people know how to work hard.

Urban Prep also reminds me of the controversy surrounding the "Tiger
Mom," Amy Chua, who believes in positioning your children for
excellence. I am a huge fan of the Tiger Mom, and I believe we need a
whole bunch of "Tiger Mamas" in the black community to push our children
to reach their potential (our mothers are our first teachers, giving
them the most important job in the world). Even those who have access to
the best of American public education are falling far behind the rest
of the world when it comes to their ability to compete in the 21st
century. In that regard, Tim King's boys at Urban Prep are actually
ahead of the curve, not just catching up.

What I also love about Urban Prep is that they are translating the
excellence that black men show in athletics and transferring that to
academic achievement. It takes far less effort and natural ability to
become a heart surgeon than it does to become an NBA basketball player.
By diversifying our paths toward professional and economic success, we
are helping thousands of black men avoid the standard trappings of the
typical inner city hoop dream. As I rally for educational equality and
Kelley Williams-Bolar today with Rev. Al Sharpton, I think about how
this city would have treated Kelley's kids differently if one of their
names had been LeBron James. It's shameful that black kids are rewarded
for being athletic, but punished for being intelligent.

We must all cheer for Urban Prep like they just won the Super Bowl. They
should be given millions more dollars to pursue their objectives. Their
educational model should be replicated in every city across America.
They are showing us that black men are not destined for failure,
fundamentally flawed or built for mediocrity. We truly embody
excellence.

Dr. Boyce Watkins is the founder of the Your Black World Coalition and author of the book, "Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about College." To have Dr. Boyce commentary delivered to your email, please click here. To follow Dr. Boyce on Facebook, please click here.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Apr. 7, 2012 at 5:00 AM
I still want to know how stating historical facts, correcting someone who assumed my husbands race was black, not marrying a black guy even though I fell in love with a native american, all makes me racist. But I guess she realized the stupidity of her accusations because sje never answered.

Quoting RobinBright:

In that case, rock on! I learned the hard way. She said that holding hands is a sexually intimate display that doesn't belong in public, so I asked if I am a pedophile raising incestuous kids because we all hold hands.... And, well, you can imagine how it went, lol

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

oh i know. but im bored so i pulled out my idgit pokin stick. might pull out my cattle prod later.

Quoting RobinBright:

Do not drink the potion, do not go down the rabbit hole! Chick is a psycho, she just tosses out phrases that are unrelated to the post and picks random people to poke at. She's not real. Don't bother, mama.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

how exactly did you get that I was terrified at the thought of marrying a black man from " i am not married to a black man"? If a black chick had said "i am not married to a white man" would that be racist or just a simple correction?

Quoting RoyaLioness:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

so lying about my husbands race is better than simply correcting someone who misread? got it. I have come to the conclusion that you are a troll. no one can really be this stupid. I hope.

Quoting RoyaLioness:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

so im racist for not marrying a black guy? or am i racist for correcting her?

Quoting RoyaLioness:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Im not married to a black guy.

Quoting Night_Roane:

Didn't you realize? You're racist for saying that black people can be racist (ignoring the fact that you're married to one). In fact, to hell with that - you're racist for being white. Being white makes you racist. Apparently I am, too.

so says the biggest racist in this post.....

Congrats! Admitting is the first step...at least you are no longer in denial!

Say it louder!

NONONONONO!!!!!!! NOT A BLACK MAN...how dare anyone would assume, you of all people would even remotely be associated with a black man...how horrifying for you!!

You cleared that up loud and clear...quick too

It's so nice not being racist

You are the worst EVER!

Both and more...

24/7 non-stop

What's your rank captain, chief,  or the uncrowned leader

The conclusion still stands that you are racist and was extremely offended and appalled at the thought of being married to a black man. It has absolutely nothing to do with correcting but everything to do with you trying to cover up the terror in your cold heart.

It was indeed a failed attempt but you were successful in making it known that you would never be involved with "a black"...that mistake and oversight will never be made again by anyone towards you...What a relief!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
masonmomma
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 5:25 AM
1 mom liked this
BAT SHIT CRAZY!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeepJeep
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 6:29 AM
2 moms liked this
I just had a chance to read most of these posts. It is very clear that RoyaLioness talks in circles. She has no real information to share other than what she has come across on the internet after a quick google search. She is of average intelligence, but wants to appear as if she's a scholar on all historical issues. She thinks she has it all figured out. She reads a few racist articles on the internet blaming one or two races for every problem in the world and suddenly she's an expert on race relations. We know your type RoyaLioness. Nobody is impressed.

Quoting RoyaLioness:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

that went right over your head huh?

Quoting RoyaLioness:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Cracking up! It smacked you in the face and you still don't get it...shameful

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hisgirl616
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Wow! I think op's point was proven by the ignorance of one particular person on this thread. Unfortunately this is a site for moms which means RoyaLioness has most likely already reproduced and is passing her ignorance and obvious racism down to another generation. Hopefully her children will break this cycle of "the white man is holding me down" bs. Trying to have a rational debate with this person is pointless. There is no reason to even try to understand the hatred and stupidity she spews. I am sad for her children and others that have to listen to this garbage on a regular basis.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I still want to know how stating historical facts, correcting someone who assumed my husbands race was black, not marrying a black guy even though I fell in love with a native american, all makes me racist. But I guess she realized the stupidity of her accusations because sje never answered.

Quoting RobinBright:

In that case, rock on! I learned the hard way. She said that holding hands is a sexually intimate display that doesn't belong in public, so I asked if I am a pedophile raising incestuous kids because we all hold hands.... And, well, you can imagine how it went, lol

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

oh i know. but im bored so i pulled out my idgit pokin stick. might pull out my cattle prod later.

Quoting RobinBright:

Do not drink the potion, do not go down the rabbit hole! Chick is a psycho, she just tosses out phrases that are unrelated to the post and picks random people to poke at. She's not real. Don't bother, mama.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

how exactly did you get that I was terrified at the thought of marrying a black man from " i am not married to a black man"? If a black chick had said "i am not married to a white man" would that be racist or just a simple correction?

Quoting RoyaLioness:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

so lying about my husbands race is better than simply correcting someone who misread? got it. I have come to the conclusion that you are a troll. no one can really be this stupid. I hope.

Quoting RoyaLioness:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

so im racist for not marrying a black guy? or am i racist for correcting her?

Quoting RoyaLioness:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Im not married to a black guy.

Quoting Night_Roane:

Didn't you realize? You're racist for saying that black people can be racist (ignoring the fact that you're married to one). In fact, to hell with that - you're racist for being white. Being white makes you racist. Apparently I am, too.

Say it louder!

NONONONONO!!!!!!! NOT A BLACK MAN...how dare anyone would assume, you of all people would even remotely be associated with a black man...how horrifying for you!!

You cleared that up loud and clear...quick too

It's so nice not being racist

You are the worst EVER!

Both and more...

24/7 non-stop

What's your rank captain, chief,  or the uncrowned leader

The conclusion still stands that you are racist and was extremely offended and appalled at the thought of being married to a black man. It has absolutely nothing to do with correcting but everything to do with you trying to cover up the terror in your cold heart.

It was indeed a failed attempt but you were successful in making it known that you would never be involved with "a black"...that mistake and oversight will never be made again by anyone towards you...What a relief!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diamondsetter
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 6:40 AM
Of course it can happen. I'm still trying to figure out why its ok for black people to call me a Cracker and a Honkey but if a white person calls a black something along that lines all hell breaks loose. Double standards?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liquidvelvet
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Yes. Anyone of any race can be a victim of racism.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:30 AM

White people can never be the victim of racism even though it may happen to them,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN