Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Could Never Do This To My Kids

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sister is an elementary school teacher and in the last month,five moms that she knows through the school have left their families. And when I say left their families, I mean that they left their husbands and kids for other men.

Don't get me wrong,I understand getting out of an unhappy marriage or a marriage that's no longer working,but I just don't understand how women can leave their kids behind too. One of the women, this is the second time that she's left her kids,the first was when she left their father for another man,and now she's leaving the other man for an old boyfriend from high school.She's also moving five hours away to be with the new boyfriend and leaving her kids behind,even though her kids have told her that they're very upset about this. Maybe it's because my husband and I tried so hard and waited so long to have children,but I just can't imagine leaving them behind.

What do you all think?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2012 at 1:48 AM
Replies (41-50):
phoebe81
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM

How do you know how she feels?

Quoting Aadensma:

But you feel superior for saying this...lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't feel it's necessary to judge a women when I don't know her or the circumstances of the situation, in order to feel like I am a superior person.

"Sometimes it is better to be kind than right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens."

Kenre
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM
My mother did this to 5 kids by 2 different dads. Now she is trying to give me custody advice! I remember when she became bedridden that she kept saying she couldnt wait to be able to move out of bed and leave my dad, her 3rd guy, and us kids that were from him. She is still bedridden and probably will be for life. Stuck with my dad who has never complained about caring for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:06 PM
It is probably what was best for the children honestly. It is no different than a man leaving his family.... and the kids need to be with the stable parent, whether mom or dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
phoebe81
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I can't imagine leaving my children. Even the thought of losing them brings tears to my eyes. I honestly think that a woman who abandons her child is a terrible human being. That may be judgemental but I'm ok with that. There's just something wrong with a woman who cares so little about her babies that she'd just walk away from them.

amylovesnick07
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I could never leave my son or daughter.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:13 PM
I could never leave my kids behind!
PEEK05
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I think it's downright crazy.

Connie127
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:14 PM
I could NEVER leave my children

hargonagain
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Never!  I would NEVER leave him, for any amount of money, for any person in the world.  I would die for my son, if I had to.  I will never understand how people just give up their kids and go on like nothing happened.  I can't stand it when I have let him go with my Mom or someone over night and I can't see him.  Last summer I was supposed to be working a festival that was a 3 day weekend.  One of those days was my son's birthday.  The original plan was my Mom was going to watch him and bring him to the festival on his birthday.  At the last minute my Aunt came from out of state, so my Mom decided not to bring him to the festival after all. I quit my job right then so I could go be with him on his birthday!

wickedgirl69
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:16 PM

There's no way I could do it . I have thought to leave house for couple hours b/c of kids bickering making me crazy, but I don't to it b/c it would make matters worse. parenthood is lke marrage. you take the bad along with the good. I never understand how some father's can be the ways they are as well as some mothers. those people definately have personal issues.  I could never divorce my husband either. I wouldn't do anything to devastate my kids lives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured