Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Grandmother at 33.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this

Sorry I have to share this because I think it's kind of funny. My little sister (19) is pregnant. I'm way happy for her but I can't tell anyone because she's only 7 weeks along and hasn't told anyone yet. Now to get into some background. My little sister was adopted. She is really my second cousin, my cousin was 14 when she had her. My cousin is now 33 and technically since my little sister is her bio daughter that will make her a grandmother at 33. She also just had a baby. So before her youngest child is 1 she will be a grandmother. Had to share. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it's funny at all. I find it sad actually :(
couponluv72
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:20 AM

wow grandma young, well if she is going to be involved at all its good to be a younger grandparent to run around after the kid! and her own! goodness. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Hilarious.

Headertat
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:21 AM
History tends to repeat itself. Sad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Oh she won't be. She isn't anything more than a cousin to her. She was never involved in her life. Never sent presents, wrote letters, called to see how she was doing. She lives 5 states away and doesn't ever see her except for major family events. 

Quoting couponluv72:

wow grandma young, well if she is going to be involved at all its good to be a younger grandparent to run around after the kid! and her own! goodness. 

JacksonGirl
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:23 AM
Im 33 and couldn't imagine being a grandma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Um, not really. My sister is 19 and married and was TTC. Her birth mother was 14 (13 when conceived) and not married. 

Quoting Headertat:

History tends to repeat itself. Sad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:24 AM

IKR! I'm 28 and my oldest is 3 and I'm about to have my third. Crazy. 

Quoting JacksonGirl:

Im 33 and couldn't imagine being a grandma!

mommamorales
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:24 AM
My nieces grandfather is 62 and he remarried. His 'new' wife is 19! And she allows my nieces to cal her grandma!! Literally GRANDMA! Not some cutesy name or anything, just grandma! Never in my right mind would I marry a man that much older than me, and I damn sure would not let an 8 yr old and a 6 yr old call me GRANDMA!

But it's some funny shit!! She tries to spoil the girls like a grandmother!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srbeusk
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:25 AM
I'm 3 months older than my uncle. But my Gma has 11 kids that range from 23-46 I believe. Maybe 48...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)