Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's incredibly insulting when you say religions are myths.

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 7:57 AM
  • 490 Replies
24 moms liked this

I fully understanding someone not believing in the theory of religion, thats fine with me. I will not force feed it to you. You either believe or you dont, you use your freewill as you please.

I respect your theory as much as my own. All I ask for is just a bit of the respect I give to you. Atheism is a theory, as is the big bang. Even if you dont think anything ever happened and you just were randomly born, thats a theory. So why does religion get discredited and mixed into the pile of Disney products? Is religion a theory? YES!

If something can not be proven as fact, it's a theory. 

Please do not refer to holy books as books of fairytale. They are books of theory. Almost like mini textbooks of ideas. 

It's really insulting to see someone of you downgrade religions or ideas. If you don't agree, please show respect to their theory and keep it moving!

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beautiful31mom
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Lmao, As much as I agree with you, you won't see it on here. 

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:00 AM
14 moms liked this

I can't say I've ever really been insulted or offended when someone said Christianity was a fairy tale.  I am secure in my faith, so I don't really care what others think or say.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Lmao, As much as I agree with you, you won't see it on here. 

RhondaVeggie
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:01 AM
17 moms liked this
What about stories of Greek gods or Native American creation stories? Those are the same as the bible yet very few people would take offense to them being called myths.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:02 AM
This.

Quoting RissyLee:

I can't say I've ever really been insulted or offended when someone said Christianity was a fairy tale.  I am secure in my faith, so I don't really care what others think or say.  

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:03 AM
11 moms liked this

I do think its amusing that when I go to mass I am surrounded by doctors, lawyers, professors, engineers, scientists all with a strong faith and someone with a 3rd grade education will talk about how ignorant the myth of God is. Ok then.... LOL 

tm88rn
35 moms liked this
It is just as insulting when a Christian says we need to see the truth, their religion is the truth, we will realize the truth when we go to hell, or they will pray for our souls. It goes both ways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samirahk
I agree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
1 mom liked this
Why is insulting? If you're strong in your 'faith'....it shouldnt matter what anyone else says.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UnIdentiFiedOne
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

What about stories of Greek gods or Native American creation stories? Those are the same as the bible yet very few people would take offense to them being called myths.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)