Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's incredibly insulting when you say religions are myths.

Posted by   + Show Post

I fully understanding someone not believing in the theory of religion, thats fine with me. I will not force feed it to you. You either believe or you dont, you use your freewill as you please.

I respect your theory as much as my own. All I ask for is just a bit of the respect I give to you. Atheism is a theory, as is the big bang. Even if you dont think anything ever happened and you just were randomly born, thats a theory. So why does religion get discredited and mixed into the pile of Disney products? Is religion a theory? YES!

If something can not be proven as fact, it's a theory. 

Please do not refer to holy books as books of fairytale. They are books of theory. Almost like mini textbooks of ideas. 

It's really insulting to see someone of you downgrade religions or ideas. If you don't agree, please show respect to their theory and keep it moving!

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Paganism is a myth and false religion
UnIdentiFiedOne
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol....living like Christ, aren't you?

::eye roll::

Maybe you should be looking at yourself first. Then you can concentrate on reprimanding us heathens.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Sure will, but only if you call my religion a myth. If you're talking about another post, yes I did get snippy with her. I just explained why I got upset in my OP. Its insulting. She refused to understand exactly how insulting it was and thats why I just left it alone. Never did I insult her belief or try to discredited as a plausible one. 

If you're trying to compare one situation to another, you can not. You give me rudeness and I give it back. I'm not quit so good at turning the cheek but hay, god is working on me. 

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

No, but you will roll your eyes and curse at people who don't agree with your beliefs.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I can not speak for other, just me. I dont do that.

Some do have good motives. If, I'm going to pray for someone I just do it. There is no need in shouting it to the world or tweeting about it. 

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

I think it is insulting when someone says "I'll pray for you" to someone who clearly doesn't want prayers, and I see that from Christians all the time. Why? Because they are acting nice when they are actually being condescending.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM

I disagree, Its a theory that should not be discredited. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Paganism is a myth and false religion

Beautiful31mom
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg seriously? I AM A CHRISTIAN TOO. So OBVIOUSLY I was not shoving my non religion in your face. Wtf.

Quoting Rosemommi:

This post proves ur point we can't so called shove religion down ur throut but u shove ur non religion down mine seriously

Quoting Anonymous:

It is a myth, it's just a myth you believe to be true. Just as the big bang is a myth that some people believe to be true. Just because someone believes something that has not yet been proven either true ir false does not make it any less a myth. Or a theory, as you put it.

How is she suppsose to know that? Perhaps if you were not hiding behind Anon she would have known you were Christian, or if you had put it in your response that you are Christian. There is no need to get snippy with her. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Who called you a heathen? If you want to make this about you, you have missed my point. But that's okay. Lets agree to disagree and move on.

Learning o live like Christ takes a very long time. I am not god, so I will slip up. 

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

Lol....living like Christ, aren't you?

::eye roll::

Maybe you should be looking at yourself first. Then you can concentrate on reprimanding us heathens.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Sure will, but only if you call my religion a myth. If you're talking about another post, yes I did get snippy with her. I just explained why I got upset in my OP. Its insulting. She refused to understand exactly how insulting it was and thats why I just left it alone. Never did I insult her belief or try to discredited as a plausible one. 

If you're trying to compare one situation to another, you can not. You give me rudeness and I give it back. I'm not quit so good at turning the cheek but hay, god is working on me. 

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

No, but you will roll your eyes and curse at people who don't agree with your beliefs.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I can not speak for other, just me. I dont do that.

Some do have good motives. If, I'm going to pray for someone I just do it. There is no need in shouting it to the world or tweeting about it. 

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

I think it is insulting when someone says "I'll pray for you" to someone who clearly doesn't want prayers, and I see that from Christians all the time. Why? Because they are acting nice when they are actually being condescending.

gina6239
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:29 AM
2 moms liked this

It's things like that that give atheists a bad name! I am an atheist and I realized really fast that if I don't want Christians (or any other people) trying to shove my religion down my throat in an effort to make me believe, then I can't do that to them either. I may not believe in god, but I believe in harmony. I love nothing more than having a healthy, amicable religious debate with someone who can handle it, but I would NEVER try to get someone to share my belief if they didn't already. 

I have tons of respect for all religions. I even go to church occasionally because I believe in the greater messages being preached, such as being a good person and having morals, and forgiveness. I apologize on behalf of other atheists that so many are disrespectful. 

p.s. I love your siggy, lol!

AnnieMcD
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:30 AM
4 moms liked this

Here's the full definition. The bit in red is why religion can't be a theory.

the·o·ry

noun /ˈTHēərē/  /ˈTHi(ə)rē/ 
theories, plural

1. A supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained
    • - Darwin's theory of evolution

2. A set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based
    • - a theory of education
    • - music theory

3. An idea used to account for a situation or justify a course of action
    • - my theory would be that the place has been seriously mismanaged

4. A collection of propositions to illustrate the principles of a subject
Quoting ButterMeUp:

the·o·ry/ˈTHēərē/

Noun:
  1. A supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be...: "Darwin's theory of evolution"
  2. A set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based: "a theory of education"; "music theory".
Quoting AnnieMcD:

myth

noun /miTH/ 
myths, plural

1. A traditional story, esp. one concerning the early history of a people or explaining some natural or social phenomenon, and typically involving supernatural beings or events

2. Such stories collectively
    • - the heroes of Greek myth

3. A widely held but false belief or idea
    • - he wants to dispel the myth that sea kayaking is too risky or too strenuous
    • - there is a popular myth that corporations are big people with lots of money

4. A misrepresentation of the truth
    • - attacking the party's irresponsible myths about privatization

5. A fictitious or imaginary person or thing

• An exaggerated or idealized conception of a person or thing
      • - the book is a scholarly study of the Churchill myth

Anonymous
    by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    1 mom liked this
    and again the godhaters are suddenly experts on how a real Christian should act
    Rosemommi
    by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    I should have been more specific not u as in you but atheists and agnostics seem to want to say they are offended by us but feel they want to shove there non belief down our throats by saying this offends them or that when they are the minority not Christians and other religions too why do we have to take down a cross or w/e just bc it offends a few just don't stinking look at it

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg seriously? I AM A CHRISTIAN TOO. So OBVIOUSLY I was not shoving my non religion in your face. Wtf.

Quoting Rosemommi:

This post proves ur point we can't so called shove religion down ur throut but u shove ur non religion down mine seriously

Quoting Anonymous:

It is a myth, it's just a myth you believe to be true. Just as the big bang is a myth that some people believe to be true. Just because someone believes something that has not yet been proven either true ir false does not make it any less a myth. Or a theory, as you put it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    Anonymous
    by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    Paganism is a fairytale. A scary,demonic, horrifying fairytale
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
    other members!
    Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN