Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

idiots i tell you!

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:31 AM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this

I should not have to be dealing with this crap! My son & husband have whooping cough! We got our immunizations, but due to idiots that refuse to get their children immunized we get it. It is scary and there isn't anything you can due for it but suffer for six weeks, praying you can catch your breath. I too have been touched by autism, I understandstand, but I believe the key is spreading them out, this can be deadly! Doctors were hesitant to tell us exactly what it was, afraid to scare us, but for being idiots, all this time, my son should not have been going to school! We could have spread it more. I know several other students have it in the middle school, but why did they not send us a letter home, informing us of signs to watch for.

I think people are stupid that don't get their kids shots! putting not only their children at risk but others as well

Now my son is at the end of it, my DH has only had it for 2 weeks and this lasts 6! There also is no treatment that really helps, catching it early sometimes an antibiotic can shorten it, but I am not sure if his was caught early enough

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM
I'm sorry. I hope they get better quick. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Aww I'm sorry to hear this! Whooping cough is so freaking scary!! I wish I had something useful to say that could help... Well aside from the fact that I agree with you ;). Hope everyone is better ASAP! Stay strong momma! Xoxo
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Im sorry your family is sick but get ready for some backlash. People are idiots on here too

white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:50 AM

your Right there are Idiots out there . I wont let my kids play with child who dont get shots dont get me wrong i under stand flu shots i even for go them I had a friend die froma shot that she got for H1N1 she died from it . But get ready for one hell of a back lash 

jennient3
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:51 AM

thats fine and dandy. I would rather give my child a shot that "may" (not definate) increase the chance of autism, than have an infant die due to a disease...seriously, so they are the idiots. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Im sorry your family is sick but get ready for some backlash. People are idiots on here too

jennient3
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:53 AM

well things like the h1n1 shot, I didnt jump on that band wagon, that shot was not tested enough and was thrown out there. My kids ended up getting h1n1, cause there are also idiot parents that send their kids to school well knowing that are sick & contagious. It was a scary virus but they made it through. I am sorry about your friend

Quoting white_wolf454:

your Right there are Idiots out there . I wont let my kids play with child who dont get shots dont get me wrong i under stand flu shots i even for go them I had a friend die froma shot that she got for H1N1 she died from it . But get ready for one hell of a back lash 

jennient3
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM

frustrated

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM
6 moms liked this

Well obviously getting the vaccine didn't work out too well for you guys anyway. So if you can get it after having the vaccine anyway, why get the vaccine at all?

bmanz
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Aww I am sorry. That is so scary. Here in Boulder, Co there is a whooping cough outbreak. We read it on the news and even though we don't like in Boulder it's still scary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM
5 moms liked this
Lol...

Got the immunization BUT STILL GOT IT.
What's that tell ya?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN