Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I should not have to be dealing with this crap! My son & husband have whooping cough! We got our immunizations, but due to idiots that refuse to get their children immunized we get it. It is scary and there isn't anything you can due for it but suffer for six weeks, praying you can catch your breath. I too have been touched by autism, I understandstand, but I believe the key is spreading them out, this can be deadly! Doctors were hesitant to tell us exactly what it was, afraid to scare us, but for being idiots, all this time, my son should not have been going to school! We could have spread it more. I know several other students have it in the middle school, but why did they not send us a letter home, informing us of signs to watch for.

I think people are stupid that don't get their kids shots! putting not only their children at risk but others as well

Now my son is at the end of it, my DH has only had it for 2 weeks and this lasts 6! There also is no treatment that really helps, catching it early sometimes an antibiotic can shorten it, but I am not sure if his was caught early enough

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:48 AM
You know you need boosters for whooping cough. They don't do them because everyone is suppose to get the baby shot, but now......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:10 PM
My turds are smarter.

Quoting JoLee12345:

Quoting Anonymous:

lmao... and your children will be the ones who die of aan epidemic from the non vaxed era.... while us still vaxing parents can feel good knowing our kids can rest assured that they will survive and not be quarantined! Now go have a possibly deadly pox party! Hey maybe a polio fiesta next!

JoLee12345
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

okay. Obviously you are classless and trashy. You speak as if you were raised by hethans. Good for you!

Thank you! JoLee G. Waddlekiss

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Vaccinations are not 100% and you do not know where the infection came from, so blaming it on non-vaccinating parents is rude. I have had whooping cough & I was vaccinated against it, too. My DS, however, is not vaccinated against it (for medical reasons), and he didn't catch it from me, nor did my DH, who is vaccinated. It's really a roll of th dice as to whether or not you're going to contract the disease when exposed. There are so many variables to vaccinations that will affect their effectiveness, such as your age when you received your vaccination (and did you keep up with your boosters?) and how healthy you were at the time of vaccination, etc., that you can't really know why you or your family got sick. 

There is also something else that people need to start realizing & understanding, which is if you were totally healthy at the time of exposure to an illness, the odds are much lower that you will contract or express the illness, because your own immune system would be strong enough to fight off the illness. Most people today are not as healthy as they think they are, mostly because of the crap food that they eat. Unnecessary chemicals, additives & preservatives in your food & water clog up your system, making your body work harder to clear itself of the garbage, thus leaving it less energy & resources to fight off the important stuff like disease-causing viruses & bacteria. But nobody wants to hear that their favorite sugar-laden, carb-heavy, chemically-colored, artifically preserved treat is what is making them sick. Nope, they'd rather pass the buck & blame someone else for their folly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

HezekiahsMom07
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:18 PM
That sucks! Hope u guys feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)