Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why Americans are so damn ethnocentric?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think the US is an ethnocentric country?

Options:

Yes; everywhere I look is "white people this, black people that, Asians this, Indians that, etc." It's sick!

No.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

Why?

Why do I have to see threads like this one in here?

What is the sick obsession with people in the US with race, ethnicities, language, skin color, facial features, and culture? 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/16336957/Have_you_slept_with_someone_of_a_different_race?ct=myreplies_box

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/16338612/Black_people_go_to_the_Shell_gas_station_white_people_go_to_Chevron_gas_station

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Ummm... I know I have quite a bit to drink, but doesn't ethnocentric mean that your culture is better than all other cultures? So to say America is ethnocentric would be like saying America thinks it is better than all other countries, right? Or have I had too much?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Even intoxicated you are smarter than the OP.

Quoting purpleducky:

Ummm... I know I have quite a bit to drink, but doesn't ethnocentric mean that your culture is better than all other cultures? So to say America is ethnocentric would be like saying America thinks it is better than all other countries, right? Or have I had too much?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:10 AM
im thinking you mean why does America put so much emphasis on race. And yes I agree. It's ridiculous. We are all people.
bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I think it's Saturday night and I'm sick of all of us fighting about skin color. Every time there is another post about it, the feelings get stirred up all over again. Put the gas cans down folks....the fire's already started!! Now I'm going back to my wine and I mean wine.....not whine.....

anime.princess
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

im thinking you mean why does America put so much emphasis on race. And yes I agree. It's ridiculous. We are all people.

Yes, that is what I meant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2012 at 1:38 AM

iluv2meow
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 1:39 AM

LOL......

Shares my nip wanna smoke sum too?

Quoting purpleducky:

gum.drop
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Yes because no one here identifies as.... American... Haha weird right :)

I always say I'm American and that's what my kids will be taught. We are an American family, we have an American culture.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured