Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She wants all my son's clothes.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When I was pregnant with my son, an old friend from high school told me that she had a large number of bags of boy clothes to give to me since she wasn't having anymore children.

So my baby was born last May. She ended up having another baby after all in November. She said she didn't need any of the clothes back when I asked.

Here it is April and my son turns 1 next month. She asks if she can have all of my son's 6-9 month clothes. Well, my son is super tiny. He JUST hit 17 pounds and is only 28" He is still wearing ALL of his 6-9 month clothes. His next size up does NOT fit. They are way too big.  I told her that I was sorry but he is still wearing all of his 6-9 month clothes because of how small he is, and she is super pissed and unfriended me from FB saying that she doesn't know why I won't just give them to her when they were hers to begin with. What the hell? If he wasn't wearing them, I would give them back. If he ever grows, I will give them back. Gosh. I was nice too. This is exactly what I said "Hey, actually SON'SNAME is still wearing that size, as he doesn't fit anything bigger. He is only 17 pounds and 28" still even though he is 11 months old, sorry!"

ADDED INFO TO POPULAR QUESTION: I have a lot of friends/family members who have had boys. Everyone who has given me clothes any anything I bought are all mixed together. Like I would remember what clothes came from who, lol. She said she was not having anymore children and they were mine to have since she was done. So I mixed them with everything else. Since there is no way to tell what was given to me specifically by her, or my brother, or my other friends, or anyone else who offered while I was pregnant,  I would have to give her everything. Which is what I was willing to do when her son was born in November. When I offered newborn and other sizes son had already outgrown by the time her son was born, she told me no, she didn't need anything. I do not have the money to fully replace my son's 6-9 month clothes because she's trying to take back a gift she gave to me when she was "done" having children. PS: She also can't specifically say which ones were hers. She was still messaging me after she unfriended me. I offered for her to come over and pick out which were her son's clothes, and she said she wouldn't be able to remember (she gave them to me in fall of 2010) because it was so long ago and that she would just need them all.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Replies (31-40):
Kenre
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
She wants to blame others. Just ignore her. They are yours now. My 13 month old is switching into 6-12 month clothes this weekend. That is her problem. She shouldnt have given them away if there ever was a possibility to have another. I have all of my baby clothes still.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyheamma
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:06 PM

If it were me, I'd go to a store and buy her a nice outfit or two in that size as a gift and give a card saying that you're sorry for the stress it's caused, but you still really need to keep the clothes.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Ugh people. I have twin girls so I have A LOT of old clothes of theirs. When they first grew out of some stuff, I gave a small bag to my sister in law who was having a baby because she and her boyfriend were both unemployed and I felt like I should do something. Well a few months later she texts me (by this time I am divorced from her brother) and says that when the girls grow out of stuff she "needs it". She didn't ask or even offer to buy it. She just sorta demanded I give it to her. I told her sorry but I sell the the clothes in order to afford new ones, but if she wanted to take a look, I would give her a discount. She didn't. Lol! But she did give my phone number out to a friend of hers saying I had "a bunch of twin stuff to give away". Um no.... I can't afford to give my stuff away for free. That was irritating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, in that case grab all the ones you don't like for whatever reason and leave them at her door!  How will she know?

Quoting Anonymous:

She can't. She was still messaging me after she unfriended me. I offered for her to come over and pick out which were her son's clothes, and she said she wouldn't be able to remember (she gave them to me in fall of 2010) because it was so long ago and that she would just need them all.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I see people giving away bags and bags of baby clothes on Craigslist all the time, as well as super cheap but nice clothing at second hand stores.  (Walked out with a season's worth of clothing for my older son for $40.)

If she wants to cause that much drama, pack a bunch up (but keep favorites if you or son has favorites) and send them back after you grab some other ones online or at second hand stores.  I say keep favorites b/c they WERE a GIFT she gave to you, and if an outfit has special meaning or makes everyone happy, chances are she doesn't even remember it well enough to single it out.

kemmerer411
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:08 PM
This. You don't give people things with the intention of getting them back.

Quoting skylersmom44:

Well she did give them to you. She can only be mad at herself.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki32230
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM
That's dumb. She gave them to you...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM

That's her fault. 

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Wow, to just demand stuff like that!

Funny how she didn't want the discount.  :)

Quoting Stephd710:

Ugh people. I have twin girls so I have A LOT of old clothes of theirs. When they first grew out of some stuff, I gave a small bag to my sister in law who was having a baby because she and her boyfriend were both unemployed and I felt like I should do something. Well a few months later she texts me (by this time I am divorced from her brother) and says that when the girls grow out of stuff she "needs it". She didn't ask or even offer to buy it. She just sorta demanded I give it to her. I told her sorry but I sell the the clothes in order to afford new ones, but if she wanted to take a look, I would give her a discount. She didn't. Lol! But she did give my phone number out to a friend of hers saying I had "a bunch of twin stuff to give away". Um no.... I can't afford to give my stuff away for free. That was irritating.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I like this idea. Thanks.

Quoting tyheamma:

If it were me, I'd go to a store and buy her a nice outfit or two in that size as a gift and give a card saying that you're sorry for the stress it's caused, but you still really need to keep the clothes.

Kenre
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
So she wants all of your sons clothes? Including ones he got from family and you bought? Hel no! Let her find her own now. That is just being a &itch when she knows your son needs them too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN