Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm looking for info on food dye sensitivities...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Anyone have any experience with or info about food dye sensitivities? Specifically red dyes, but any info will help.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:46 AM
red dye makes my little one act out for days afterwards have a low fever and her face becomes really red after she eats or drinks it .. i have had a hard time.finding info too and an.even.harder time getting her doctor to understand it's not something she is just going to grow out of
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleacorn
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Look into the Feingold diet. Any info on that should have lots of info for you. From personal experience, my children react badly to dyes. Red makes them hyper and viollent, yellow makes them just hyper, and blue makes them moody, like they didn't get enough sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momo77
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Anything with red dye makes my 5 year old hyper and aggressive and yellow makes him hyper... his Dr laughed at me and said he has never heard of that.

He also has very sensitive skin and I can't use anything with dye or perfume in it or he breaks out in bad hives.
littleacorn
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Funny how US drs have "never heard of this", but artificial food dyes are BANNED in Europe for exactly that same reason! And people wonder why I trust my own research into medical subjects than what some doctor says! Ha!

Quoting Momo77:

Anything with red dye makes my 5 year old hyper and aggressive and yellow makes him hyper... his Dr laughed at me and said he has never heard of that.

He also has very sensitive skin and I can't use anything with dye or perfume in it or he breaks out in bad hives.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Thanks, everyone... Anyone else have info?
Elayna90
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM
What kind of info are you looking for?

Red dyes make my.children hyper and one of them much more aggressive. It also makes one.of my kids sick to his stomach. We haven't figured out why yet.but even his Dr agrees we've ruled everything else put.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Well, I was hoping maybe someone had info about whether red dye is always listed as an ingredient or whether it can get 'hidden', a list of common foods that red dye is in, or alternative brands for common foods that don't have it. Maybe some sites that talk in depth about it, or personal experiences on eliminating it. I recently discovered my family has a severe intolerance to it and I'm just looking for as much info as possible. : )
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Bump
Jadegirl1819
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I think dyes have to be listed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)