Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

voluntary c-section moms

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I think women who choose a c-section just because they want to are idiots. I don't care what they do, really. But how do they think a baby is supposed to come out?

I had a friend who had a section because she was scared of what having a baby might do to her vagina. Seriously?!?

HAve your baby any way you want to. But I will say that my second delivery, a natural vbac, was much easier than my first, an emergency c-section.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
epoh
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 6:37 AM
12 moms liked this
You never actually shared your opinion except on my reply. How about you create an educational response? I might actually take you seriously.

Quoting militarywife09:

Yeah. So do I.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think she's just concerned about something she's passionate about. She has the right to her opinion.

Quoting militarywife09:

No I'm mad that you women are so judgemental. Just back off. You have NO right to determine how women give birth. Get over yourself.

Quoting epoh:

You wanted to know why so I answered you. Are you upset I actually answered your question?

I will continue to educate on the birth process because I have a daughter and a son who will have children one day. Their rights matter to me.
Quoting militarywife09:

Blah blah blah. It is none of your business. End. Of. Story.

Quoting epoh:

Because it will affect our future generations. I fear that if elective cesareans become the norm and the csec rates continue to rise while homebirth and midwifery care are fought against, women will have a harder time accessing natural births. The more we move toward surgical birth and away from what is normal and natural, the more problems it causes for society as a whole in regards to neonatal health, maternal health, as well as access to a normal birth for our future generations.

Quoting militarywife09:

Why do so many women on here give a crap about other women, and their bodies? It makes no sense. Let people choose what they want. You don't have to deal with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SheciaBaby
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Quoting alyssaravensmom:

I've never had a c section. Honestly,I hope I never have to. The thought of it freaks me out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 6:38 AM
7 moms liked this
No, dear, because that wouldn't be an elective csection. :)

Quoting atyou:

I had two emergency...life saving...sections.

Am I an idiot too?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SheciaBaby
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 6:40 AM
My dr allowed me to b induced too.. An elective induction. It was vaginal though

Quoting L8ly3196:

Her dr allowed that? That sounds interesting and I wonder if its true. How old is this woman?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
militarywife09
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 6:40 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't need to sit here and write a page to prove myself like you do. No one has the right to tell other women what to do with their bodies. If you think they do then go move to a communist country. You want to educate? Fine. Not saying you shouldn't. I'm saying you have no right to judge.

Quoting epoh:

You never actually shared your opinion except on my reply. How about you create an educational response? I might actually take you seriously.

Quoting militarywife09:

Yeah. So do I.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think she's just concerned about something she's passionate about. She has the right to her opinion.

Quoting militarywife09:

No I'm mad that you women are so judgemental. Just back off. You have NO right to determine how women give birth. Get over yourself.

Quoting epoh:

You wanted to know why so I answered you. Are you upset I actually answered your question?

I will continue to educate on the birth process because I have a daughter and a son who will have children one day. Their rights matter to me.
Quoting militarywife09:

Quoting epoh:

Because it will affect our future generations. I fear that if elective cesareans become the norm and the csec rates continue to rise while homebirth and midwifery care are fought against, women will have a harder time accessing natural births. The more we move toward surgical birth and away from what is normal and natural, the more problems it causes for society as a whole in regards to neonatal health, maternal health, as well as access to a normal birth for our future generations.

Quoting militarywife09:

Why do so many women on here give a crap about other women, and their bodies? It makes no sense. Let people choose what they want. You don't have to deal with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 6:42 AM
6 moms liked this
Where did I judge? I imagine you have me confused with OP, because my replies have not been judgemental.

Quoting militarywife09:

I don't need to sit here and write a page to prove myself like you do. No one has the right to tell other women what to do with their bodies. If you think they do then go move to a communist country. You want to educate? Fine. Not saying you shouldn't. I'm saying you have no right to judge.

Quoting epoh:

Quoting militarywife09:

Yeah. So do I.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting militarywife09:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting militarywife09:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting militarywife09:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
L8ly3196
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 6:43 AM
Yeah that seems to be common. I'm not opposed to it. I don't care what people do with their bodies anyway :) I hope I don't go past 40 weeks.

Quoting SheciaBaby:

My dr allowed me to b induced too.. An elective induction. It was vaginal though

Quoting L8ly3196:

Her dr allowed that? That sounds interesting and I wonder if its true. How old is this woman?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
themissheather
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 6:44 AM
9 moms liked this
The same doctors that have allowed our country to have such dismall outcomes in birth? If you've never read of a bad outcome from a csection, I'm sorry, but you need to read more.

Quoting militarywife09:

Nope. They have doctors. Ya know the ones who spend 8 years in school. Those are the ones that need to help make decisions. No me. Non of my business. FYI I've only ever heard horror stories about c-sections. Only about vaginal births.

Quoting themissheather:

I believe to some extent it is every woman's business. I would never take he choice away from someone, but the ability for a woman to birth as she wants to should be considered a reproductive right. Countries with lower csections rates also have lower maternal/fetal morbidity rates. Csections are an invaluable procedure that saves lives, but there are serious risks involved and should not be taken lightly. We should all care because one day you or someone close to you WILL have to make decisions about their maternity care and we need to make sure they have all the information to make the best decision.

Quoting militarywife09:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting militarywife09:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
militarywife09
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm meaning generally. People in general have no right to judge. People in general can "educate". People in general have to back off, and ultimately let the woman choose what she feels best.

Quoting epoh:

Where did I judge? I imagine you have me confused with OP, because my replies have not been judgemental.

Quoting militarywife09:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting militarywife09:

Yeah. So do I.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting militarywife09:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting militarywife09:

Quoting epoh:

Quoting militarywife09:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 6:45 AM
14 moms liked this

i did NOT go through all the responses.. but seriously.. an idiot?  both my elective C sections i healed FASTER then my MOST of my friends who had vaginals.  i was out in 2 days (yes 2 days) just like a vag delievery.  

we are educated and i think you people who say we arent are the idiots.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)