Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you have a pet...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
3 moms liked this

i mean seriously... i do not feel sorry for her.

this last week, my sister had let her dog out and he ran freee like he always does and apparently through all that time he was missing, she cried and looked around town and even passed out posters. Someone finally turned him into the humane society and she got him back. In the meantime, while she was babysitting my mom's dog, her dog ran out of her house and ran away too but someone found her dog the same day.

anyway, while i was there at my sister's house, her daughter let her own dog out and let him run free and after not coming back for a certain amount of time, she went looking for him and he came back. Last night, he apparently ran away again...i do not know if he came back yet.

seriously, if you love your animals, get a brain.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:32 AM

do you mean they let the dog out in the yard and it keeps getting out?

MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Why would she let her dog run free of it runs away? WTH? My dog breaks the fence and runs away if we leave her outside when we're not home, so now we leave her on the house when we go somewhere....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mare1180
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:33 AM
8 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rinaann
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:35 AM
3 moms liked this
What an irresponsible pet owner you dont just let dogs run free like that
danijean
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM
How sad I'd never let my dogs run free I tied them out until we built our fence. ( best thing ever my dogs live running around) my neighbors dog just got hit by a car this weekend and died. The people didn't stop even though there is a vet in our neighborhood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM

nope, she doesnt have a fence or anything just is open

Quoting notjstasocermom:

do you mean they let the dog out in the yard and it keeps getting out?

momof3_2011
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I live in a very rural area. My doggie runs free and stays home (when the neighbor isnt feeding him) If you get the dog nutered or spayed they usually stay home

iluv2meow
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:23 AM

We used to have siberian huskies. They were runners, having two nearly the same age didnt help made them double runners. 

Quoting momof3_2011:

I live in a very rural area. My doggie runs free and stays home (when the neighbor isnt feeding him) If you get the dog nutered or spayed they usually stay home

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:37 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd call  animal control and the city on her. I can't stand people who let their untrained animals run. Its so rude and trashy. And can they not take a hint? I had a dog who the kids let out and he had never been free before and ran. he came home on his own a couple hours later and never did that again.

He liked his home, my animals don't WANT to run away. They need to train the animal/provide an environment the dog doesn't feel he needs to friggin escape!

Saille717
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this

We've got two dogs.  One stays in the yard and comes when called and the other runs.  So the one dog is allowed out without a leash and the other dog is not.  Common sense.  I live in the sticks.  Most villages have leash laws....her's probably does.  Which means every time her dog leaves her property without a leash she's breaking the law and risks being fined or even ultimately having the dog seized.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)