Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i let my kids drink wine

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
not every day but if they ask for it at dinner then they can have it

They are 14, 17 and 18 for all who asked
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
Tabitha109
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:52 PM

probably.bc.theyre.used.to.it...i.used.to.get.drunk.off.of.one.glass.too,.but.now.i.dont.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? They can get 1 glass at dinner and 1 later on in the evening if its a weekend

Quoting Anonymous:

I get tipsy off a glass I hope you don't let them drink too much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:52 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm teaching them that alcohol is not a big deal. None of them have shown any interest in getting wasted. They know to drink in moderation. I'm teaching them life and cultural lessons

Quoting Anonymous:

So basically you allow your children to break the law and drink underage? 

What are you teaching them by allowing this? Seriously? I don't understand parents who are like that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:52 PM

My kids are too young to really drink it *8 & 4*but I have let them try a sip to taste. When they are older they will be allowed as well. Its better to teach them self control at home then to have them out binge drinking like many other 16 year olds.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:53 PM

My parents let my sister and I have a glass of wine or a beer starting when we were around 17. Neither of us drink more than about a drink or two a month. They said they prefered us trying it at home where they could monitor it and not be driving anywhere. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What are you teaching them by allowing this? Seriously? I don't understand parents who are like that!

AdellesMom
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loveishere5
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I buy Some very low alcoholic drinks for my daughter once in a while. you know the 0.05% or something alcoholic drinks? She's 16 almost 17, I don't you can get drunk with that. My 12 year old triplets, I give them unalcoholized fizzy wine, orange juice, and a bit of cherry stuff. Makes them feel like adults and they're happy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Its not uncommon for parents to allow their teens to drink in their own homes with supervision even in the us. As long as its in moderation then everything should be ok

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

My parents let my sister and I have a glass of wine or a beer starting when we were around 17. Neither of us drink more than about a drink or two a month. They said they prefered us trying it at home where they could monitor it and not be driving anywhere. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Aw lol

Quoting loveishere5:

I buy Some very low alcoholic drinks for my daughter once in a while. you know the 0.05% or something alcoholic drinks? She's 16 almost 17, I don't you can get drunk with that. My 12 year old triplets, I give them unalcoholized fizzy wine, orange juice, and a bit of cherry stuff. Makes them feel like adults and they're happy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I do the same with my teens and no, we are not breaking the law. The law in our state is that people under 21 can drink in their home with a parent, guardian, or spouse present. My two younger ones have had a sip here and there, but are too young for a glass. It is very common in my ex-husband's family for the teens to be served wine with dinner. I don't drink much at all and my DH doesn't at all, so it's a rare thing, but I would rather them know that alcohol is no big deal.

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM

It is not illegal to allow your own children to drink alcohol in your own home.  At least not in my state and I live in what's normally considered a "nanny state."  It is only illegal for them to buy it or drink it elsewhere. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured