Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you hate it when......

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

people will try to give you advice on basic things for your baby, knowing you have a child already?

i dont like it when people try to tell me what i need to do. i already had one kid, i know what to do.

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
muthrof_2
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes ma'am I do. Unless I ask, I don't want their opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I guess it depends. 

Are they giving me advice in a snotty, "I know it all" type of fashion? Or, are they truly trying to be helpful? If they're really trying to be helpful, it doesn't bother me. If they're being snotty, it does. 

Also, what kinds of basic advice are we talking about? If it's something simple and obvious, I might feel like they are insulting my intelligence. If it's, say, ideas for a teething infant, I won't be so annoyed...maybe they have an idea I haven't tried. 

I don't know if that makes sense or not. I have two toddlers, but I am well aware that I don't know *everything* there is to know about dealing with infants and toddlers. 

mcr17
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM

im more refering to things that you would obviously know if you have an older child.

i dont really like any advice at all unless i ask for it.

Quoting sissyboogs:

I guess it depends. 

Are they giving me advice in a snotty, "I know it all" type of fashion? Or, are they truly trying to be helpful? If they're really trying to be helpful, it doesn't bother me. If they're being snotty, it does. 

Also, what kinds of basic advice are we talking about? If it's something simple and obvious, I might feel like they are insulting my intelligence. If it's, say, ideas for a teething infant, I won't be so annoyed...maybe they have an idea I haven't tried. 

I don't know if that makes sense or not. I have two toddlers, but I am well aware that I don't know *everything* there is to know about dealing with infants and toddlers. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured