Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I believe in Fairies ...

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 4:55 AM
  • 88 Replies
11 moms liked this

I have been thinking about this all day (for reasons which will be detailed in a different post) and strangely enough it was brought up today by another thread in here, so I thought I'd share my Fairy story.

This was about a year before I got married, so probably about 9 years ago or so. I had a friend who lived in an apartment complex, and her balcony looked out over a park. She called me one night and said she'd been seeing Fairies every night, and she wanted me to come see it and tell her she wasn't crazy.

Before you even think it, I trust this friend with everything. She wasn't messing with me, and I have enough faith in her that she actually was the High Priestess who performed my Handfasting.

So, I went to her apartment. I thought at the time that maybe she was making a joke, or seeing something with a perfectly logical explanation, but hey, it was still hanging at a friends house, and that was fun all on it's own. Evening came, and once it got almost fully dark we went out onto her balcony. She pointed the tree out to me. It was a normal tree in a park that had at least a dozen trees scattered around. About 10 minutes after we went outside I saw the first one. A little golden light, skittering around the tree. Still, there could have been any explanation for it. But as we watched, over the next hour, more and more came. By the end there were dozens of these golden and silver and blue lights dancing around the tree. They were everywhere, going around, over, inbetween branches, lighting on leaves and being still for a bit. I was in tears watching the beauty in front of me. After another hour or so of them playing, they started disappearing, sometimes one would just wink out and be gone, sometimes they would fly deep into the branches of the tree and simply not reappear.

When they were all gone we went to the tree.

It was a perfectly normal tree. No wires, no plugs, no lights. There was no way that the lights could have been projected from any of the other apartments looking out over the park because they would have hit something besides the tree. They were no fireflies. There are no fireflies in Las Vegas, and even if they were I don't think they would have centered on one tree alone.

So, there it is. I have seen Fairies. I believe with my entire soul that is what I saw, and even though I am a skeptic by nature, I haven't found any way since then to explain it other than to admit what it was.

Husband and I had our handfasting in that park, in the circle that was built into the grounds as though it was made to hold rituals inside. It is a special place, and I feel so incredibly lucky to have experienced what I did. :o)

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 4:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LCG83
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 4:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Awesome. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:01 AM
1 mom liked this

BREATHTAKING!

Thank you for sharing. I hope one day to see one or...many!

champagne_rose
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:02 AM

BUMP!

3pippings
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I would really love to see them too. Just to see it for myself if it's really like the ones in Torchwood and Merlin.

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:06 AM
That's so awesome. What part of las vegas was this if you enter mind me asking. I live in las vegas so i was wondering.
AshieNicole
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Very awesome!! I used to see them when I was a small child but I haven't seen one in years :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:20 AM

Way way NW I think. Honestly, I feel bad, but I don't even remember the name of the park. Which is even worse because I got married there! I have to look it up in my wedding book when I get home.

Quoting sweetieiv:

That's so awesome. What part of las vegas was this if you enter mind me asking. I live in las vegas so i was wondering.

epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:20 AM
1 mom liked this
That's very cool, mama! I've never experienced anything but creepy spirits. -_-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:21 AM

:o) Awesome! I suppose you have to have the right frame of mind. I think one visited me today (I heard it fluttering in my ear), but I haven't actually seen one before or since the story above.

Quoting AshieNicole:

Very awesome!! I used to see them when I was a small child but I haven't seen one in years :)

AnnieMcD
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Well that's cause you're a mean mean evil person with a creepy buttcrack.

Oh, wait, you're none of those things. Hmmm ... maybe the spirits are like the world of CM and the creepers all go after the best people? :o)

Quoting epoh:

That's very cool, mama! I've never experienced anything but creepy spirits. -_-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN