Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For SAHMs who claim to do just as much as working moms...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 608 Replies
21 moms liked this

As a Mom and wife, you desire credit and appreciation right? So why is so hard for stay at home Moms to give that credit to working mothers. Yes, they do more than you. Yes, they have a harder job. Yes, they're superwomen. So why do you fight so hard to prove that you do 'just as much' as a working mom? You don't! It's not that working Moms are bitter about having to work, it's that SAH Moms act like they do just as much, and yet they have time to read a book, blog, craft, play internet games, and hang out on CafeMom. That's awesome that you get to enjoy those things, but for christ sakes women, accept that your life is easier because you get to stay home! And don't down working moms for wanting that credit, every woman wants credit for what she does, whether that be a thank you from the husband, or recognition from the pto. You'd be lying if you said you didn't...

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LexRi0709
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:22 AM
68 moms liked this
My life is not any easier being a sahm than it was a working mom. Its just different. That's a pretty fucked up thing to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kzuehlk
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:22 AM
56 moms liked this
I like you lady.

Neither job is easy, but there is something to be said about a woman who can work full time, take care of her family, and still keep a clean house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM
16 moms liked this
Who cares who works harder?!
What difference does it make to the working moms if a Sahm says she works harder or just as hard? I don't get you people...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM
46 moms liked this
I disagree. I have done both. Sahm is harder.
Work was an excape.
DD wasn't at the house all day making a mess do I had to clean much less than staying home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM
7 moms liked this

i am NOT a working mom.. i am a SAHM and i know i have it easy... i dont consider being a SAHM work.. its fun and play.. at least for us it is...

so i have to agree with you.. as a SAHM.. to other SAHMs really.. being a SAHM is NOT work nor is it s JOB.

CjEmmemommy
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM
14 moms liked this
The amount of "work" one does can vary widely from SAHM to SAHM and from working parent to working parent.
To say working moms do more is silly and to say stay at home moms do less is silly. Both have their pros and cons and if the person doing it didn't like it they would change their situation, meaning there is no reason to compare bc the women are happy doing it that way.
I personally could never imagine leaving my kids for 8+ hours a day. That would be harder for me than staying home, however my neighbor went back to work at 7 weeks and prefers that, for her being home would be harder!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM
28 moms liked this

I'm a SAHM and I have no clue how working moms do it. I have never understood why there is a battle between SAHMs and working moms..posts like this just fuel the fires and it is truly unnecessary...belitting SAHMs does nothing to encourage others to appreciate what other people deal with on a daily basis... we, as women should encourage other women to be the best moms-wives- single moms- whatever title you desire- they can be. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Pink_Sunshine
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM
11 moms liked this

yada yada yada and yackity smackity.

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM
4 moms liked this
That is so true, especially those that work 12 hours and still take care of everything else!

Quoting kzuehlk:

I like you lady.

Neither job is easy, but there is something to be said about a woman who can work full time, take care of her family, and still keep a clean house

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samirahk
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:26 AM
4 moms liked this
This! We raise our children while being a maid, chef and personal assistant

Quoting LexRi0709:

My life is not any easier being a sahm than it was a working mom. Its just different. That's a pretty fucked up thing to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN