Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For SAHMs who claim to do just as much as working moms...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

As a Mom and wife, you desire credit and appreciation right? So why is so hard for stay at home Moms to give that credit to working mothers. Yes, they do more than you. Yes, they have a harder job. Yes, they're superwomen. So why do you fight so hard to prove that you do 'just as much' as a working mom? You don't! It's not that working Moms are bitter about having to work, it's that SAH Moms act like they do just as much, and yet they have time to read a book, blog, craft, play internet games, and hang out on CafeMom. That's awesome that you get to enjoy those things, but for christ sakes women, accept that your life is easier because you get to stay home! And don't down working moms for wanting that credit, every woman wants credit for what she does, whether that be a thank you from the husband, or recognition from the pto. You'd be lying if you said you didn't...

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Replies (241-250):
LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I have been a sahm and now I'm working mom I think both jobs are really hard.

ThirtyPlusTwo
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Best comment of the thread so far!

Quoting weezer_cookie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pamelam20
Best response to one of these posts!

Quoting mcginnisc:

I'm a SAHM and I have no clue how working moms do it. I have never understood why there is a battle between SAHMs and working moms..posts like this just fuel the fires and it is truly unnecessary...belitting SAHMs does nothing to encourage others to appreciate what other people deal with on a daily basis... we, as women should encourage other women to be the best moms-wives- single moms- whatever title you desire- they can be. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coreys_mommy
3 moms liked this

this coming from a woman who's obviously on cafemom... being a SAHM is NOT easy and we DO just as much as you. we just dont get PAID to do it! in fact, some of the "working" moms probably have jobs where all they do is sit on their ass and type on a computer all day. right? i am so SICK of people telling me that my life is "easy" beacuse i'm a SAHM!! i get out maybe once a week, to the store. then at home again. what do i do here? lets see..... clean the bathroom, the living room, the kitchen, the bedrooms. then you gotta cook for you and the LO and sometimes fiance comes home for lunch. then a few loads of laundry(wash dry fold) then i gotta do dishes twice a day. and accomplish all that and more while dealing with and 18 m.o. in the terrible two's stage!! just because we are at home does NOT mean we're sitting on our asses all day doing nothing. and BTW, whoever posted all that crap sounds just like a GUY that doesn't understand how much work parenting and housework is!!

Mommy2ZOEBETH
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish people would stop assuming and implying that the lives of all SAHM's and working mom's are alike. Some SAHM's have 8 kids,that would be a damn hard job doing all by yourself all day. Some working moms go to work for 3 hours a day and sit there at a desk being bored playing on cafemom while their kids have play time at preschool.That isnt very hard at all now is it?

Stop comparing the two and lumping them all together when it just isnt possible for any of you to know the lifestyles of all of the people blanketed under both of these labels!

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kzuehlk
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Exactly this. I worked 90 hours last week. I am on my feet from the time I wake up until I go to bed. I don't have a cushy desk job. I rarely get a lunch break. When I get home the kids need dinner, SO needs help (he's recovering from a broken back) and the house needs to be cleaned. I don't have the luxury of coming home and just going to bed. When the baby wakes up, I'm the one up with him too.

Quoting fairyjester:

Not all working moms sit on their ass all day. Some are on their feet all day taking lunch on the run if they are lucky. then after about 10 hours of that and a drive home in traffic then they get to do all the things sahm had all day to do. oh and if the baby wakes at three am who do you think is up with him then up again at six to do it all over agai

Quoting Anonymous:

Umm honey..no...no they are not better just because they work. Stay at home moms have kids home all damned day so their work does not end and the house gets dirtier and dirtier. They are physically doing work from sun up until sun down and then if the baby cries at night, guess who gets up? lol

Working moms go to work and generally sit at a desk all day. They get lunch breaks. They come home, deal with the kids and go to bed. End of story. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I do not "desire" credit and appreciation for anything I do.  If I do well, those things will come because I've EARNED it.  Bitching about it does nothing but make you look like an attention seeking, entitled punk.

wickedgirl69
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Question for ya, what about sahm which are unable to work and have to be on disability b/c  of their health circumstances? Gonna bash those moms also???

Aeonix
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
YOU sound bitter. And very judgemental. Sahms do NOT have it easy, no matter what you think. But you can go ahead and think those of us that stay he have time to do whatever we like. Working moms can and DO find time to do all those things you mentioned too, so don't give me that bs either. Neither Side has it easy, neither side is better. They deserve credit for taking care of their families in a way that works for their family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN