Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For SAHMs who claim to do just as much as working moms...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

As a Mom and wife, you desire credit and appreciation right? So why is so hard for stay at home Moms to give that credit to working mothers. Yes, they do more than you. Yes, they have a harder job. Yes, they're superwomen. So why do you fight so hard to prove that you do 'just as much' as a working mom? You don't! It's not that working Moms are bitter about having to work, it's that SAH Moms act like they do just as much, and yet they have time to read a book, blog, craft, play internet games, and hang out on CafeMom. That's awesome that you get to enjoy those things, but for christ sakes women, accept that your life is easier because you get to stay home! And don't down working moms for wanting that credit, every woman wants credit for what she does, whether that be a thank you from the husband, or recognition from the pto. You'd be lying if you said you didn't...

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Replies (381-390):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 65 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I was a stay at home mom for three years. I have 4 children and I believe that its way harder to be a stay at home mom than a working mom. I currently work very long hours [17-18 hour shifts] and even with those long hours I feel less tired and stressed than when I was home. I feel like somehow I rest more while on a job. At home it was constant 24/7 and at times I felt so overwhelmed because I never ends.
kinleysmom11
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:37 AM
Ehh. I agree with you to a certain degree. Im a sahm currently. Its not easy, but it's not overwhelming. The reason I partially disagree with you is because i'm a clean freak and I cook all the meals in the house. So im constantly juggling the baby along with other house hold tasks. But at the same time, I can see how difficult it would be for a woman who keeps up a home, raises a child, and works. I will be starting a nee job soon as a qa at a factory. It has good pay and benefits, but it's not going to be easy for me to leave my child with someone else. Like I said. I partially agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 66 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:37 AM
I do more than a sahm! I work 40+ hours a week and still come home and do everything that a sahm does...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 67 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:43 AM
I totally agree with this post because Ive done both!

And in between when I worked full time nights and homeschooled full time during the day.

No one will EVER be able to convince me that SAHMs had it harder. Just do the math.
ShaniahsMama
by Asian persuasion on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this
You'd have to kill me for me to be a sahm. Hell no.

I'd be bore out of my mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 68 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:55 AM
What if you do both work part time and stay home? I work the hardest I win! LOL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 69 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:01 AM
And we raise our children while being a maid, chef, and personal assistant, AND working a full time job!

Quoting samirahk:

This! We raise our children while being a maid, chef and personal assistant

Quoting LexRi0709:

My life is not any easier being a sahm than it was a working mom. Its just different. That's a pretty fucked up thing to say.
Ladybug8412
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:01 AM
Exactly!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I do more than a sahm! I work 40+ hours a week and still come home and do everything that a sahm does...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:04 AM
Ah here we go *rolls eyes*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samirahk
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:08 AM
I highly doubt you do it 24/7

Quoting Anonymous:

I do all that and work . Your point? I still have to feed them drive them places and raise them ignorant comment...

Quoting samirahk:

This! We raise our children while being a maid, chef and personal assistant

Quoting LexRi0709:

My life is not any easier being a sahm than it was a working mom. Its just different. That's a pretty fucked up thing to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)