Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For SAHMs who claim to do just as much as working moms...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

As a Mom and wife, you desire credit and appreciation right? So why is so hard for stay at home Moms to give that credit to working mothers. Yes, they do more than you. Yes, they have a harder job. Yes, they're superwomen. So why do you fight so hard to prove that you do 'just as much' as a working mom? You don't! It's not that working Moms are bitter about having to work, it's that SAH Moms act like they do just as much, and yet they have time to read a book, blog, craft, play internet games, and hang out on CafeMom. That's awesome that you get to enjoy those things, but for christ sakes women, accept that your life is easier because you get to stay home! And don't down working moms for wanting that credit, every woman wants credit for what she does, whether that be a thank you from the husband, or recognition from the pto. You'd be lying if you said you didn't...

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:36 AM
I've done both I work a lot harder as a sahm
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Your profile says you have one kid....

Quoting brettsmomma:

sorry. I don't buy it.. I love being a SAHM and could care less what people think.. no need for recognition here!!!

Sure my day might seem easy to some but to a woman who worked a fast paced full time job till the age of 40 staying at home was quite an adjustment.

AlmostFamous
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM
If you really felt that way......why are you Anon?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samirahk
You do it 24/7 our only when you're off

Quoting Anonymous:

working moms do all those things plus work.

Quoting samirahk:

This! We raise our children while being a maid, chef and personal assistant

Quoting LexRi0709:

My life is not any easier being a sahm than it was a working mom. Its just different. That's a pretty fucked up thing to say.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Both jobs are just different. Working women at least get a break from their kids all day, my husband used to be working 12+ hours and he didn't get why I was so exhausted by the end of the day, well right now he is on a hold job for the Navy and only works like 3 to 4 hours a day and now he is totally exhausted by the end of the day just helping with one child. He was never exhausted when he was working 12+ hours, he had way more energy. Chasing children around all day is physically exhausting, work is usually mentally exhausting unless you are doing a physical job.

angelbaby1977
I don't necessarily agree with this. It all depends on the individual and what job outside the home they have. If you are a SAHM, plus homeschool then you are a teacher as well as a SAHM (just an example, and no I am not a SAHM)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Why is your self-worth so tied to what others think of you? Idaf what some random mother does....certainly not enough to give her credit and appreciation for doing shit she is supposed to do (support her child) since she chose to procreate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:38 AM

if you have child care, I stay home with the my baby till my husband get home, then i go and tend bar all night sleep for 15 minutes and do it all over again

Quoting MIA0223:

I disagree. I have done both. Sahm is harder.
Work was an excape.
DD wasn't at the house all day making a mess do I had to clean much less than staying home.

Tea4Tas
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Umm honey..no...no they are not better just because they work. Stay at home moms have kids home all damned day so their work does not end and the house gets dirtier and dirtier. They are physically doing work from sun up until sun down and then if the baby cries at night, guess who gets up? lol

Working moms go to work and generally sit at a desk all day. They get lunch breaks. They come home, deal with the kids and go to bed. End of story. 

LOL-Iget lunch breaks?  Where do the groceries come from? When does the house get cleaned (and people home or not-it needs cleaning) and when the baby cries at night, do working Moms get to remain asleep? Or do they stay up all night and THEN go to work-with no opportunity to sleep during a nap.

KWnavywife
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Your ignorance isn't worth a real reply so I'll just leave you with this....

eye rolling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)