Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For SAHMs who claim to do just as much as working moms...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

As a Mom and wife, you desire credit and appreciation right? So why is so hard for stay at home Moms to give that credit to working mothers. Yes, they do more than you. Yes, they have a harder job. Yes, they're superwomen. So why do you fight so hard to prove that you do 'just as much' as a working mom? You don't! It's not that working Moms are bitter about having to work, it's that SAH Moms act like they do just as much, and yet they have time to read a book, blog, craft, play internet games, and hang out on CafeMom. That's awesome that you get to enjoy those things, but for christ sakes women, accept that your life is easier because you get to stay home! And don't down working moms for wanting that credit, every woman wants credit for what she does, whether that be a thank you from the husband, or recognition from the pto. You'd be lying if you said you didn't...

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Replies (601-608):
Josie.Grossie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Meh, there are other factors that would make a min superman. Also other factors in deciding who works harder.
Every situation is different. Me , I have it very easy compared to most.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 93 on May. 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Oh for goodness sakes. 

It's all about perspective. 

I'm a working mother, and I have time to do all the things you mentioned if I so choose. I've been a SAHM, and personally, I thought it was a lot harder than being a working mom. 

Josie.Grossie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM
We believe it us best to have a parent stay home. Dh has better earning potential. I enjoy it most days.

Quoting TWINS609:

For the SAHM's are you a  SAHM because you want to be or have to be? If you have to be why? I am just curious?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 94 on May. 3, 2012 at 4:10 PM
When i was a working mom, i got off work in the evening, dinner was already made, kids had been bathed, and needed a bed time story. Then..i got to relax and do anything my little heart desired. In my honest opinion my life as a SAHM is 10x harder than it ever was when i was working..BUT that is because i had the proper help from my husband. If more working moms had that kind of help theyd probably rarely complain. So to those of you who DONT have a super supportive and helpful spouse, im sorry.

I do give MAJOR KUDOS to those single moms busting ass to take of their children and still doing everything else ontop of that! You ladies rock!
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on May. 3, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I'm staying at home because I want to be. Husband is military and I am well educated. We live well with his salary. I want to spend time to raise and teach my child. Jobs will come and go... Children only get one childhood. I rather spend the time with my children. 

Quoting TWINS609:

For the SAHM's are you a  SAHM because you want to be or have to be? If you have to be why? I am just curious?

TWINS609
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I really do envy the SAHM, no I am not saying your job is easier or working is easier.  I envy that you get to absorb the little moments with your children. I miss my children so much. What little time we do get I just soak up like a sponge and those little moments carry me through my days at work.  So SAHM I know your job is hard, but soak up all those special moments I have had to miss out on. I would trade places with you in a heartbeat, because I love my children and I miss them. They grow up so fast and I have missed so much. I am a working mom and I am ashamed to say that I am burning myself out. I get sick days and vacation days but I don't take them. Because in this economy you have to prove yourself and I need my job for us to get by. But if I could I would trade places with you.

kzuehlk
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:31 PM
My SO broke his back. I have to work over time and take care of the house and kids on my own. It's not always as easy as telling him to step up

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Quoting kzuehlk:

I like you lady.

Neither job is easy, but there is something to be said about a woman who can work full time, take care of her family, and still keep a clean house

I would tell a married woman if she is doing all of that herself, then her husband should step up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 95 on May. 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Who do you think gets up with a working moms baby when they cry at night?

I spend my "lunch hour" going home to clean up, running errands and hoping to get something to eat.

I come home, cook dinner, clean up, help the kids with homework and projects, clean up again, bathe the baby, clean up again, get the kids to bed and then fall into bed myself.

I can say I am physically moving BEFORE the sun comes up each day and AFTER it goes down each night.

Yesterday, my day started at 5am and ended at 11pm. Oh, lets not forget when I got up with the baby twice either.

And no one said working moms are better. Our jobs never end either.

Quoting Anonymous:

Umm honey..no...no they are not better just because they work. Stay at home moms have kids home all damned day so their work does not end and the house gets dirtier and dirtier. They are physically doing work from sun up until sun down and then if the baby cries at night, guess who gets up? lol

Working moms go to work and generally sit at a desk all day. They get lunch breaks. They come home, deal with the kids and go to bed. End of story. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN