Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you do to calm down when you're mad?

Posted by   + Show Post

Right now I am trying to calm down... my husband had to go to work (he's a truck driver over the road) and he doesn't like it so... he's really strange the day he has to go so... he made me really angry without doing anything particular. Probably I am frustrated of this way of living, too and his mood is just increasing my frustration.

So, right now I am at the YMCA cafe (working on our taxes technically) having a hot hazelnut and french vanilla coffee and trying to calm down. God bless the YMCA membership and child care!

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
Vibrant.Heart
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Music, take a walk, clean, play with the kids, talk to a good friend.  There are more, but there's a few for ya.

robertzica
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I love it, too. But I don't know why today I didn't feel like doing it... I had the impulse of going to Chicago (it's like 80 miles away) but then I thought about the crowded roads there and I gave up...

Quoting Angela_Barlow:

I usually ride. See how many miles I can get in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Work out!
kemmerer411
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM
I cry.

I'm trying to convince my hubby to buy me a YMCA membership. I want it for the free child care. I could SO use that to swim or work out.

:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunfireprincess
I go to the YMCA too for a bit of treadmill time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweets27
Work out, clean the house or go shopping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Take a hit or two or three from the bowl ;-)
robsgurl_23
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:15 PM

when I am mad I have to be left alone for a while so I can think about thinks and just to cool down and not have any contact with my husband if he made me mad...=)

robertzica
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Oh... I forgot before coming to the Y... we went and bought pink piggy banks for my daughters and a purse for me (it was only 11 dollars but it is cute for summer - it was on 70% off). So... spending money helps, too you rock

cherrywaves21
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I have PMDD so I have to be really careful. But I walk away and write every mean nasty thing that wants to come out of mouth and set it on fire.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)