Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It makes me sick...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

My mother was told that she was a "deadbeat bitch" because she has had an abortion...

First of all, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 weeks after finding out she was pregnant and she was told that her and the baby would probably die if she continued on with the pregnancy. She decided to get an abortion because she had to go through therapy and treatments. She made this decision because she knew that my brother and I needed her (we were 6 and 9 at the time).

My mom joined a Breast Cancer Awareness group and now travels and speaks to different people about the hardships of having breast cancer and of course she tells her story about having to give up a child because of it. At the end of one of the meetins, a woman from the audience stood up and yelled "you killed a baby just so you could live? you're a deadbeat bitch"....

Now I would never personally have an abortion but I have nothing against woman who do because I don't know their story but it literally made me sick to my stomach after hearing that lady say that because my mother felt like she had no choice. Yeah she could have kept the child but BOTH of their lives were at risk and she made the decision that she felt was best for the entire family. She wasn't being selfish.

My mom literally cried for days after. I just wish people would think before they spoke sometimes.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
nickysmom71
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

That's really fucked up...I am so sorry.

batsbelfry
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:18 PM

That is a horroble thing to say to anyone.  I am sorry your mom had to go through any of that.  :(

sammygrl77
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:19 PM
That is just sick and twisted for someone to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:19 PM
This

Quoting nickysmom71:

That's really fucked up...I am so sorry.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Whoever said that is a worthless loser.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I am pro stay the fuck out of my uterus. sorry for your mom.

MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:21 PM
How horrible! Some people should really just keep their comments to themselves!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomsRule723
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I am sorry for your mother.  This is why the government and whoever else needs to stay out of a person's business.  I don't believe in abortions as birth control, but there are many, many other instances when a women needs to make a choice for herself and her family and the government shouldn't have a say so in it. 

valwal
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:27 PM

how awful for her. shes a brave woman

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN