Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you give money just to your teen or friends as well?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So let's say your teen called you from a friends house asking for 5$ to get something to eat. Then asked later for 20$ so his/her 3 friends could eat as well. Would you just give your teen money or money for all four??
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
PEEK05
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Depends on how much extra money we have at the time it's being asked and how often this happens.

BV88
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Once in a while sure... But not all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dsebastian23
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I would and have, one day my nephew whom I have guardianship off had a friend over playing basketball and I told him I was leaving to get ice cream and I got his friend one also. I would feel bad with all the other kids just sitting there watching him eat it. Then one time the ice cream truck came down the road and my husband bought about 13 kids ice cream this includes my kids also...(parents didnt have the money). The kids loved it!

lulumomof2
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I would ask my child if the others had money. if my child said no I would give extra to cover the others.

Ditto.

Dobermans are like Potato chips, nobody can have just one!

RissyLee
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:01 PM

It depends.  If they were really close friends and their parents had done the same or even just had my kiddo over for dinner, then sure (if I had the money).  

cmarie214
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:02 PM

i wouldnt make a habit out of it, but i would occasionally give my kid and their friends money to go out and have dinner

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:04 PM
He/she is at a friend's house where I'm assuming there is plenty of food. So, no. I would give money to my teen.. if they can't all go out to eat my teen needs to stay where they can all eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:05 PM
No, but only because when my child has friends at my house I feed them all, therefore I expect my child to be fed at others homes. All e parents around here wouldn't be financially burdened by it though. If that were an issue I suppose I would give the money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Oh wait, yes. I agree with this as well.

If they were close. Which I didn't think about.

Quoting RissyLee:

It depends.  If they were really close friends and their parents had done the same or even just had my kiddo over for dinner, then sure (if I had the money).  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesusyangela
by Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:08 PM

yeah if i knew the other parents and treated my kids the way i treat theirs but only if i had the extra to give 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)