Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is so damned hard about answering a question the way it is asked of you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 172 Replies
1 mom liked this

This is just a pet peeve of mine and that is probably because I have always been big on creative writing, term papers, and just reading and writing comprehension in general.

If you read an assignment, even if it is an opinion piece you still have to keep your answer to the question at hand. Why do you read a post and the question does not apply to you, do you still answer? People are looking for specific answers, not your gibberish. 

An example, one of the posts is asking what would you do with $1,000 to spend on you? It specifically asks, what you would buy yourself at the mall. 

Why am I looking at answers that are irrelevant? I don't want to see "I'll pay my rent." or "I'll save it in the bank."

That wasn't what the question asked. It didn't ask what you would do with a $1,000. It asked what you would buy yourself if someone gave it to you specifically for yourself. *sighs*

So many posts to read through and then you have to go fishing for relevant answers. Can't you just repond to posts that apply to your situation?

Be back later. I need to do that thing called sleep.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tm88rn
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Yes I can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Lol but the more replies you have the better your rank or something like that right?? So why would I take the time to read it and not respond?? I mean if that were the case mostly everyone on cm would be at the lowest rank right??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting tm88rn:

Yes I can.

Yes you can what? Lol. Go to posts that are relevant to you and ignore the ones that don't apply? 

And if you can, then thank you for your awesomeness. Lol.

..Kandy.Korn..
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:36 AM
7 moms liked this
I love French fries!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
..guesswho..
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:37 AM
4 moms liked this
What was the question again?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:38 AM
3 moms liked this
So one time when I went to the mall and had lunch with my dad....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:38 AM

But why is rank so important? It's not like it matters. It is the internet. My ranks in the various groups I am in are not obscenely high and I've been a cafemom member since about a month after the site started. I answer only the things that I am interested in responding to because it is relevant to the post. Not just to boost my rank. That is what rank posts are for. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol but the more replies you have the better your rank or something like that right?? So why would I take the time to read it and not respond?? I mean if that were the case mostly everyone on cm would be at the lowest rank right??

stephanie647
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
My computer broke right after I joined. I can't see the full site, I didn't even know there was "rank"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Oh, I see. Some people are just douchebags that like to annoy people. 

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Lol. I understand what you're saying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN