Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is so damned hard about answering a question the way it is asked of you?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This is just a pet peeve of mine and that is probably because I have always been big on creative writing, term papers, and just reading and writing comprehension in general.

If you read an assignment, even if it is an opinion piece you still have to keep your answer to the question at hand. Why do you read a post and the question does not apply to you, do you still answer? People are looking for specific answers, not your gibberish. 

An example, one of the posts is asking what would you do with $1,000 to spend on you? It specifically asks, what you would buy yourself at the mall. 

Why am I looking at answers that are irrelevant? I don't want to see "I'll pay my rent." or "I'll save it in the bank."

That wasn't what the question asked. It didn't ask what you would do with a $1,000. It asked what you would buy yourself if someone gave it to you specifically for yourself. *sighs*

So many posts to read through and then you have to go fishing for relevant answers. Can't you just repond to posts that apply to your situation?

Be back later. I need to do that thing called sleep.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Replies (31-40):
iluv2meow
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I have a cat or two.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I saw one similar but don't know how I answered, quite honestly.  I know a lot of people that would think about the mall post and think their answer is relevant.  Maybe they like the idea of dreaming what they would do with the 1,000 even if they did not spend it in the mall.  I guess as in this post, you were clear as to that is the only answer you were looking for and not the diversity of answers a post normally gets.  IF I had a thousand dollars to spend at a mall, honestly, I have no idea, most likely clothes. I could so use some new clothes.  I have not bought myself new clothes in so long, I have no idea when the last time was.  When we have money to spend on clothes, we spend it on the children.  So it is hard for me to think what I would buy.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Quoting opinionatedmom:

I am the one that answered I would pay my rent. I would never spend 1000 dollars on my self that is selfish. I could honestly at most spend 300 and that would be hard for me to do. how can we answer when we wouldn't know how to do it. what the heck would I do with 1000 dollars worth of stuff. I don't spend more than 30 on jeans. I would buy a good pair of cowboy boots for about 150. I need bras and some shorts. my shorts I wouldn't pay more than 10 for. ok so maybe I could do 400. not everyone thinks money makes the person

You are not the one I am talking about. Someone got very snotty when asked if they read the post.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

oki, I thought you meant all posts, but now your reference makes accurate sense as to your meaning. in that case I agree wholeheartedly

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bustybee:

I'm concurring, although I do believe that people with a difference of opinion should post, but they should do it appropriately

I don't mean debate posts. I mean when people deliberately answer "just for fun" posts in a way that doesn't actually enhance the post.

Although, I agree. People should disagree in an appropriate manner.

amandabo
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I like both....lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting amandabo:

I like goldfish , i will buy $1000

Actual goldfish that swim in a tank or the goldfish crackers? Or both? :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephanie647
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Yup and chocolate too!

Quoting Anonymous:

What? They have those? Yummm. Sounds tasty.

Quoting stephanie647:

Have you tried the honey goldfish cookies?

Soooooo gooood!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting amandabo:

I like goldfish , i will buy $1000

Actual goldfish that swim in a tank or the goldfish crackers? Or both? :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM
tl;dr
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM
2 moms liked this

I didn't know there was cafemom posting police

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting opinionatedmom:

I am the one that answered I would pay my rent. I would never spend 1000 dollars on my self that is selfish. I could honestly at most spend 300 and that would be hard for me to do. how can we answer when we wouldn't know how to do it. what the heck would I do with 1000 dollars worth of stuff. I don't spend more than 30 on jeans. I would buy a good pair of cowboy boots for about 150. I need bras and some shorts. my shorts I wouldn't pay more than 10 for. ok so maybe I could do 400. not everyone thinks money makes the person

You are not the one I am talking about. Someone got very snotty when asked if they read the post.

I honestly wouldn't know how to spend 1000 on myself even if I did new glasses and a haircut and my needs they still wouldn't add up to 1000 I am a tight wad

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Quoting iluv2meow:

I have a cat or two.

I have two cats at home and one is pregnant. Can't wait to see what colors her kittens are. :)

Although, please post away some cat pics if you'd like. That seems to be de rigueur in the confessions group. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)