Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question about a confession

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have been reading on another post that some other ppl take prescriptions for pain to get the energy needed to clean their house. I am one of those ppl. Just curious what u take, how often, do u ever clean "sober", and those of u who dont- questions or concerns? (non-pill takers: please b nice)
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I would just worry about my dependency on a pill to get things done. I would worry about my inability to do things without perscriptions. As long as you aren't "addicted" then I would say it isn't TOO bad.

I would also worry about the health effects of whatever I was taking. I don't trust pharmecudical companies to not give me poison. I read all information available on whatever I ingest.

I don't take pills but I do smoke weed. No judgments here. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Quoting twinmommy27:

Yea! Taking 2(800mg) at once is horrible! Why take 2 and not 1? Goodness!
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Then YOU go to YOUR doctor and get your own.

You are literally going to kill yourself taking drugs that aren't yours.  By abusing Rx meds, you most likely not be a good candidate for a kidney transplant when your habit kills them.  No board will give organs to a person who is at fault for destroying their own when there are so many who legitimately need them.

Get help and stop abusing drugs.

Quoting LoveMyLos:

ummmmm...no. she does get them by script.  im well aware its illegal but its the only thing that helps my back.....hardly a ring though....

Quoting RiotousDigits:

So?  Sharing with just you is ILLEGAL.  If YOUR name isn't on the Rx bottle, YOU are breaking the LAW.  SHE is breaking the law just "sharing" with you.

I bet she's not even getting them legally, since she has enough to "share" regularly.

Congratuations!  You are part of an illegal prescription drug ring!

Quoting LoveMyLos:

wouldnt share it with anyone else!

Quoting RiotousDigits:

awesome... just awesome.  maybe you two can share a cell?

Quoting LoveMyLos:

i usually take 1 or 2 ibuprofin 800's in the morning. i get them from my friend.

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Taking prescription drugs that were not prescribed to you is illegal.  both the dealer and the used can do time for it.

Quoting samara_love33:

Im confused why would she go to jail for taking ibuprofen 800s?

Quoting twinmommy27:

I think she meant jail cell??

Quoting LoveMyLos:

wouldnt share it with anyone else!

Quoting RiotousDigits:

awesome... just awesome.  maybe you two can share a cell?

Quoting LoveMyLos:

i usually take 1 or 2 ibuprofin 800's in the morning. i get them from my friend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Adderall XR is what I take to get a full cleaing done. Its an amphetimine medication used to treat ADD. My daughter is prescribed the medication but only needs it 4 days a week, leaving 3 pills a week that either go over to the next month or that I use.  Typically I don't take it more than once per week and I get a 24 hour energy boost out of it. And I get to that micro cleaning you see when you think of someone with OCD. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Some people get"high" like coke gives some people energy! Others of course need to sleep! The opiate in pain killers triggers the receipters in the brain differently thats all

Quoting Anonymous:

Bump wanna know how they get energy from pain pills

jb0520
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Go to gnc and get natural energy boosters! Non addictive things would be so much healthier!

They have energy inducing multivitamins!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Coffee does nothing for me =( I can drink it all day and all night and still sleep just fine...lol. 

Of course, I'm not taking any kind of med to get energy either....

Quoting CoolRelax:

Whatever happened to good ole coffee?  Is she not good enough anymore?  I have 16 ouces of "get the fuck up" juice every morning!  Don't even talk to me until I'm halfway through, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:29 AM
How do ppl with adhd react to adderral meds?

Quoting Anonymous:

Adderall XR is what I take to get a full cleaing done. Its an amphetimine medication used to treat ADD. My daughter is prescribed the medication but only needs it 4 days a week, leaving 3 pills a week that either go over to the next month or that I use.  Typically I don't take it more than once per week and I get a 24 hour energy boost out of it. And I get to that micro cleaning you see when you think of someone with OCD. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:31 AM

When you actually have ADD or ADHD the medications work to calm you down and allow you to pay closer attention to detail. It's one way to test rather someone is infact suffering with ADD. If they take the medications and suddenly have boundless energy and can't sleep at the end of the day they are not suffering from ADD. In the old days they would give these children coffee and the same result would happen. Stimulates calm them down. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How do ppl with adhd react to adderral meds?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN